College and conservatory students teach a community orchestra in Uruguay.
Video Description: Oberlin Scenes
This silent video makes quick cuts, with each of the following segments lasting 2 or 3 seconds.
From an aerial view, the Oberlin campus comes into focus, followed by:
- A dancer stretches in a dance studio.
- A conductor leads an orchestra, viewed from behind and above the musicians.
- A baseball player fields ground balls during practice.
- A bicyclist pedals along a path toward Memorial Arch.
- A professor teaches in a classroom.
- A trombonist rehearses.
- A swimmer performs the butterfly stroke.
- A silhouetted person approaches the curved wall outside Hall Auditorium at night.
- Several groups of students work in a science lab.
- A student is animated while explaining the artwork behind her.
- An athlete runs past a building on a cold morning.
- The strings of a double bass vibrate as they are played by a jazz musician.
- A student explains an idea.
- A pianist practices on a Steinway grand piano.
- In a museum gallery, a group of students gazes at a painting.
- A singer and piano accompanist rehearse in a sunny room.
- A student in class holds a pen while speaking.
- Holding a boom microphone, a student makes a recording.
- A student cook prepares fresh vegetables.
The video then loops back to the beginning.
Think one person can change the world? So do we.
Hisa and Hikaru Uzawa will perform and share their craft with the campus community.
First-years take part in service projects with local community partners during Orientation.
Preach Sister, Preach honors young female voices; concert pays tribute to late novelist Toni Morrison.
Conservatory alumni earn top honors in major national and international competitions across the musical spectrum. They excel as performing artists and as conductors, composers, producers, theoreticians, entrepreneurs, historians, educators, and more.
Electroacoustic artist Eli Stine ’14 returns to teach and create at Oberlin.
Watch the webcast – streamed live at concert time. A performance by the Oberlin College Arts & Sciences Orchestra, conducted by Tiffany Chang ’09. Program: blue cathedral Jennifer...
More Upcoming Events
From the Blogs
Homecoming weekend at Oberlin is one of my favorite times of the year.
Art rental is a treasured Oberlin tradition.
I’m excited for you, so incredibly excited for you to start this new chapter in your life.
Plan Your Visit
Interested in Oberlin? Our visit programs provide several different ways for you to spend time on campus exploring our classrooms, labs, living spaces, and social venues. Join us for a few hours, a full day, or overnight.
“Oberlin kinda lets you naturally find your passion. Once you figure it out, there are tons of resources. When I was looking for industry positions, I reached out to six or seven alums, and they all got back to me and gave me referrals to the companies they worked for. Oberlin’s alumni network is really great. Everyone wants you to succeed.”Matt Banda ’19