Women and nonbinary athletes in the athletics initiative Stronger Together have partnered with Niñas Sin Miedo, a Colombian NGO, to further both organizations’ missions of empowering women through sport.
Video Description: Oberlin Scenes
This silent video makes quick cuts, with each of the following segments lasting 2 or 3 seconds.
From an aerial view, the Oberlin campus comes into focus, followed by:
- A dancer stretches in a dance studio.
- A conductor leads an orchestra, viewed from behind and above the musicians.
- A baseball player fields ground balls during practice.
- A bicyclist pedals along a path toward Memorial Arch.
- A professor teaches in a classroom.
- A trombonist rehearses.
- A swimmer performs the butterfly stroke.
- A silhouetted person approaches the curved wall outside Hall Auditorium at night.
- Several groups of students work in a science lab.
- A student is animated while explaining the artwork behind her.
- An athlete runs past a building on a cold morning.
- The strings of a double bass vibrate as they are played by a jazz musician.
- A student explains an idea.
- A pianist practices on a Steinway grand piano.
- In a museum gallery, a group of students gazes at a painting.
- A singer and piano accompanist rehearse in a sunny room.
- A student in class holds a pen while speaking.
- Holding a boom microphone, a student makes a recording.
- A student cook prepares fresh vegetables.
The video then loops back to the beginning.
Think one person can change the world? So do we.
Project earns a LEED Platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
Led by Visiting Assistant Professor of Conducting Tiffany Chang ’09, the Oberlin Arts and Sciences Orchestra gives students in the College of Arts and Sciences access to experiences in the conservatory.
Apple executive Lisa Jackson will give the keynote Commencement address; scientist Joanne Chory and broadcast journalist Robert Krulwich ’69 will also receive honorary degrees.
Awards and Honors
Throughout the year, Oberlin students and alumni receive awards, fellowships, and funding from some of the most prestigious foundations and organizations in higher education.
An English major, Julia Berrebi ’19 will embark on a yearlong teaching position at Lingnan University in Hong Kong after graduation.
A group exhibition featuring the work of the studio art Class of 2019.
More Upcoming Events
From the Blogs
Essentially, my radio show was a one-hour period each week where I provided my thoughts on the things I love most besides friends and family, to an audience I could never see.
Whatever makes you feel the most like you.
Journalism isn’t offered as a major at Oberlin, but there are definitely opportunities for aspiring journalists here.
Plan Your Visit
For students looking for an in-depth summer visit, the Summer Visit Days are a full-day program that may be just right for you.
“Oberlin is about belonging. Belonging is the opposite of fitting in. Fitting in is about changing yourself to fit the crowd; belonging is about being yourself and finding your sense of self-expression that is accepted and appreciated by those around you.”Hannah Schoepe ’20