Twenty-five violinists to vie for share of $40K in cash prizes.
Video Description: Oberlin Scenes
This silent video makes quick cuts, with each of the following segments lasting 2 or 3 seconds.
From an aerial view, the Oberlin campus comes into focus, followed by:
- A dancer stretches in a dance studio.
- A conductor leads an orchestra, viewed from behind and above the musicians.
- A baseball player fields ground balls during practice.
- A bicyclist pedals along a path toward Memorial Arch.
- A professor teaches in a classroom.
- A trombonist rehearses.
- A swimmer performs the butterfly stroke.
- A silhouetted person approaches the curved wall outside Hall Auditorium at night.
- Several groups of students work in a science lab.
- A student is animated while explaining the artwork behind her.
- An athlete runs past a building on a cold morning.
- The strings of a double bass vibrate as they are played by a jazz musician.
- A student explains an idea.
- A pianist practices on a Steinway grand piano.
- In a museum gallery, a group of students gazes at a painting.
- A singer and piano accompanist rehearse in a sunny room.
- A student in class holds a pen while speaking.
- Holding a boom microphone, a student makes a recording.
- A student cook prepares fresh vegetables.
The video then loops back to the beginning.
Think one person can change the world? So do we.
Congratulations Class of 2019
Congratulations and best wishes to the Oberlin College Class of 2019. Relive the special day in pictures.
American Agricultures, an environmental studies course, exposes students to the history of black agrarianism in Cleveland.
BorderLight is bringing international theater to Cleveland through collaboration and an innovative approach to showcasing new writing. Four alumni will participate in this year's festival.
Schmidt will conduct research in China during her sabbatical in the 2019-20 academic year.
Awards and Honors
Throughout the year, Oberlin students and alumni receive awards, fellowships, and funding from some of the most prestigious foundations and organizations in higher education.
Forbes plans to pursue a career in law.
From the Blogs
During my time as a blogger, I’ve used several posts to interview my friends about their various experiences with Oberlin. Today, we’re talking about WORK!
Everything feels like it’s where it should be, and it feels like it’s going as fast as it should be, too.
Essentially, my radio show was a one-hour period each week where I provided my thoughts on the things I love most besides friends and family, to an audience I could never see.
Plan Your Visit
For students looking for an in-depth summer visit, the Summer Visit Days are a full-day program that may be just right for you.
“Oberlin is about belonging. Belonging is the opposite of fitting in. Fitting in is about changing yourself to fit the crowd; belonging is about being yourself and finding your sense of self-expression that is accepted and appreciated by those around you.”Hannah Schoepe ’20