- Bachelor of Music (BM)
Technology in Music and Related Arts (TIMARA) is for students who desire careers that combine traditional music skills with exploration of the latest techniques for electroacoustic musical expression. We offer a structured course of study that emphasizes the application of technology as a resource for careers in composition, new media, and performance.
Silent Film Ensemble
A mashup of oddball films with experimental music can only happen at Oberlin. Established by Technology in Music and Related Arts (TIMARA) faculty, the Silent Film Ensemble performs live, improvised avant-garde soundtracks to historic, surreal—sometimes homemade—films. Projects stem from TIMARA and Cinema Studies Program students’ collaboration.
Upcoming TIMARA Events
- TECH 201 - Computer Music 4 credits
- TECH 202 - Real-time Techniques 2 credits
- TECH 330 - Studio Recording 4 credits
- TECH 350 - Workshop in Music and Media Technologies 4 credits
- Technical Director and Lecturer
- Assistant Professor of Computer Music and Digital Arts
- Associate Professor of Computer Music and Digital Arts
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Computer Music and Digital Arts
- Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs