Department of Human Resources

Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows participants to make pre-tax contributions to pay for eligible expenses.

Beginning, January 1, 2023, the Medical FSA benefit option is no longer available.

All 2022 Healthcare and/or Dependent Care FSA accounts will terminate on December 31, 2022. 

If you have money left in your Healthcare FSA account at the end of the year, you will have until April 30, 2023, to get reimbursed for expenses incurred up through December 31, 2022. If not action is taken by April 30, 2022, amounts will be forfielted. 

If you have money left in your Dependent Care FSA account at the end of the year, you will have until April 1, 2023, to get reimbursed for expenses incurred up through December 31, 2022. If not action is taken by April 1, 2022, amounts will be forfielted.

  • Medical FSA reimburses the participant for eligible medical, dental and vision out-of-pocket expenses such as copays and deductibles under a health insurance plan.
  • Dependent Care FSA (for children under the age of 13 or for elderly dependents who reside with you) reimburses the participant for eligible dependent care expenses such as day care, preschool, before/after school care programs, summer camps, and Nanny expenses attributed to dependent care.

To participate in the plan, benefit-eligible employees must enroll within 31 days from their date of hire or during our annual Open Enrollment. You must enroll each year in order to participate in the plan. You may change your contributions or enroll within 31 days of a status change/qualifying event, such as loss of coverage, marriage, birth/adoption, divorce, legal separation or death.  Please contact Human Resources at (440) 775-8430 if you have questions.

Additional Support and Documentation:

WageWorks is the third party administrator of the Oberlin College flex plan.

Customer Care call 1-877-WageWorks (877-924-3967)

To access your Flexible Spending Account, visit the WageWorks website  to register.

Once your enrollment is approved, a WageWorks Visa card will be generated in your name and mailed directly to your home address. Please refer to the QuickStart Guide  to help you manage your WageWorks Visa account and ways to submit a claim.

WageWorks Visa

Your card is valid for up to three years. Do not throw away your card once you have depleted your funds. You will be able to use your card again next year when you re-enroll in your plan. If you throw away your card, you may be charged for replacements.

The WageWorks Visa card may be used to pay for FSA-eligible services at health care providers, hospitals, doctors, dentists, pharmacies, and discount drug stores. Simply swipe your card and the amount of your eligible expense will be automatically deducted from your account.

Flexible Spending Account Reminders

Always save receipts for FSA eligible expenses. You may be asked to submit receipts to verify that your expenses comply with IRS guidelines.

To request Reimbursement for Qualified Expenses, simply log in to your account and:

  • Select “Submit Receipt or Claim”
  • Select “Pay Me Back”
  • Enter the information requested on form and submit
  • Scan or take a photo of your receipts, EOBs and other supporting documentation using the upload utility

If you prefer to submit a paper claim by fax or mail, download a Pay Me Back Claim Form  on the WageWorks website .

You can also submit claims using the smartphone app. Download at