CVS Caremark is the nation’s second largest pharmacy benefits manager serving more than 2,000 healthcare plan sponsors. CVS Caremark manages employer-sponsored prescription benefits just like a health insurance company manages your medical benefits.
If you enroll in a medical plan, your ID card from Medical Mutual will include your CVS Caremark prescription benefits.
CVS Caremark’s national network includes more than 68,000 pharmacies including retail chains such as Costco, CVS, Discount Drug Mart, Giant Eagle, Rite Aid, Sam’s Club, Walmart, and Walgreen’s.
Plan participants are not required to manage their prescription benefits at a CVS pharmacy.
How to find a network pharmacy.
Each year the drug list is reviewed and updated to ensure you have access to safe, clinically effective and low-cost medications.
Formulary changes happen from time to time when drugs are: recalled from the market; replaced by a new generic drug; or, clinical restrictions are added, including, but not limited to, prior authorization, quantity limits or step therapy.
- Preferred Non-Specialty Formulary List of Medications October 2022
- Specialty Formulary List of Medications October 2022
- No Cost ACA Preventive Services and Drug List July 2022
- Preventive Drug List - CDHP plan (Generic and Name Brand Drugs July 2022
Do you want to see the cost of your prescription under the CDHP plan before you meet your deductible, and price lower cost options?
The Drug Price Comparison Tool links below are available. The default pharmacy will be CVS. There is an option for you to change the pharmacy. If the prescription is a maintenance medication, it will show the 90 day option.
- PRE - Deductible - To estimate the cost under the CDHP plan before you meet your deductible.
- POST- Deductible - To estimate the cost under the CDHP plan before after you have met your deductible.
Beginning, January 1, 2022, members will no longer be able to fill a 90 day prescription at a Non CVS Pharmacy. You may enroll in convenient home delivery or fill your 90 prescription at a CVS Pharmacy.
Caremark.com helps you get your medications where you need them, when you need them for the best value.
- Transfer a prescription from pharmacy pickup to delivery by mail Click “Transfer Prescriptions” in the Prescriptions menu at Caremark.com to move your 30- or 90-day prescription from CVS Pharmacy® or any other local pharmacy to CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy and get 90-day supplies delivered by mail to your home, office or anywhere you like
- Transfer a prescription from any retail pharmacy to Caremark Mail Select “Request a New Prescription” from the Prescriptions menu and choose your preferred CVS Pharmacy location or call the number on your prescription ID card.