The Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) at Oberlin College and Conservatory is responsible for facilitating College compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to environmental and occupational health and safety on campus.
EHS is an extension of the Department of Facilities Operations and works with the campus community to provide consultative and training services on a wide variety of issues. EHS collaborates closely with the Department of Safety and Security for emergency planning and preparedness and with the Department of Facilities Planning and Construction to ensure renovation and construction projects and activities are performed in a safe and compliant manner. EHS also works in close cooperation with representatives from various campus safety committees and departments to review compliance issues and develop appropriate procedures and policies.
Policies and Procedures
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): IAQ Procedure
Safety Data Sheets – SDS Resources
- American Biological Safety Association
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Homeland Security
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Institutes of Health
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- US Environmental Protection Agency
Oberlin College's Identification Badge Policy
Oberlin College contractors and their employees, agents and subcontractors are required to wear Oberlin College identification badges at all times while working in or around campus buildings.