Open Enrollment details to be announced Fall Semester 2019/20
Medical Mutual of Ohio (MMO) will replace Cigna as our medical plan administrator. We have a new relationship with CVS Caremark for prescription benefits. Medical Mutual-EyeMed will provide vision benefits. We have also extended our contract with Superior Dental Care (SDC) for all dental plans.
If you are a benefits-eligible employee, please read your Group Specific Open Enrollment Letter and this list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Benefits-eligible retirees will receive Open Enrollment packets via US Postal Service. To request an electronic version, send email to Human.Resources@oberlin.edu
Online open enrollment is available for Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, AD&D, and Charitable Deductions. You may complete your annual enrollment online using OberView (formerly PRESTO). Our online open enrollment guide will help you navigate your way.
For those who are unable to complete enrollment online, you may submit paper enrollment forms to HR at Oberlin College Attention:
HR Open Enrollment 1
73 West Lorain Street, Suite 205
Oberlin OH 44074.
The deadline for submitting forms is 5 p.m., November 2, 2018.
Important Open Enrollment Reminders
- Do you cover your Spouse or Domestic Partner on your health insurance policy? If so, a Spousal Coordination of Benefits Form must be completed.
- Have you scheduled an appointment to complete a Biometric Screening for the CDHP with HSA -OR- a Union (OCOPE, UAW, and OCSA) Incentive Health Plan option?
- Have you completed your online Health Risk Assessment? take the HRA
- Do you have a Flex Spending Account? If so, you must re-enroll to continue this benefit option in 2019.
- Do you have a Health Savings Account? If so, you must re-enroll to contribute to this benefit in 2019.
- Are you currently enrolled in the Cigna Dental HMO plan?
- This option is no longer available for 2019.
- If you wish to continue participating in a dental plan, select (1) of the (3) Superior Dental Care plans.
- Now is the perfect time to review your personal information! Is everything up to date? (history of dependents cannot be erased)
- Would you like to get a Flu Shot or Mammogram Screening?
- Medical and Pharmacy Carrier Changes for 2019 and 85/15 coinsurance - Announcement Memo
- Medical Plan Design Changes (postponed to 2020) - Campus Communication
Detailed information, links, forms and brochures are below in the expandable green sections.
Call (440) 775-8430
Fax (440) 775-8630
Office hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday (after hours secure drop box available)
Retiree Letters and list of Frequently Asked Questions will be mailed USPS. To request an electronic version send email to Human.Resources@oberlin.edu
Effective January 1, 2019, Medical Mutual of Ohio (MMO) will be your new health insurance carrier.
The provider network is called SuperMed PPO. To search for a medical facility, physician or specialty physician, search the provider network.
If you enroll in a medical plan, you will receive NEW ID CARDS from Medical Mutual in the mail by January 1, 2019.
Visit My Health Plan to register for a secure member website. Find doctors in your network, estimate costs, check claims, receive your Explanation of Benefits (EOB), and more!
Forms and Resources:
- Spousal Coordination of Benefits Form
- Benefits Enrollment Form
- Benefits Cancellation Form
- Scheduled an appointment to get a biometric screening for the CDHP with HSA -OR- Union (OCOPE, UAW, and OCSA) Incentive Plan
- Biometric Form for your Physician to complete
- Online Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Plan Comparison Document:
- All Active Benefits Eligible Employees
- Faculty, A&PS, and Confidential Staff
- Campus Safety (formerly Safety & Security)
Effective January 1, 2019, CVS Caremark will administer the college’s prescription drug benefits.
CVS Caremark’s national network includes more than 68,000 pharmacies including retail chains. Plan participants are not required to manage their prescription drug needs at a local CVS pharmacy. Find a network pharmacy.
To make accessing your prescription benefits easier and more convenient register your account at Caremark.com. Many tools and resources are available. Find more Caremark tools. CVS Caremark also offers a convenient home delivery and 90-day retail option for maintenance medication refills.
If you enroll in a medical plan, your ID card from Medical Mutual (MMO) will include pharmacy benefits.
Effective January 1, 2019, Superior Dental Care (SDC) will continue to administer our dental insurance.
We have added a Network Only option.
SDC provides you with the ability to securely access plan information, view claims, print ID cards, and more. Go online to Superior Direct Connect or download the mobile app, which is available through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
If you enroll in a new dental option, you will receive new ID Cards in the mail by January 1, 2019. If you change your option, you will receive new ID Cards. If you are not making any changes, you will not receive a new dental ID card.
Additional Information and Forms
Effective January 1, 2019, our Vision plan will be administered by Medical Mutual using the EyeMed national vision care network.
The provider network is called Access. Find a participating provider using the Eye Med Provider Locator.
Vision ID cards will be mailed by Medical Mutual of Ohio (MMO) prior to January 1, 2019. If you enroll in our vision plan for 2019, you will receive an ID Card from MMO. If you continue vision coverage in 2019, you will receive a new ID Card from MMO.
Additional Information and Forms
For 2019 you have the opportunity to enroll in valuable Life/AD&D benefits that can help protect you, your family, and your finances. Supplemental Life and AD&D benefits will continue to remain with Unum, in 2019.
Sign in to complete your Statement of Health (Evidence of Insurability) online:
- Access Code: SUHYWHB
- Before you start, review the Statement of Health Checklist so you have necessary information to complete this process.
Have questions regarding your status? Unum is here to help. Call: (800) 421-0344; hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday
In 2019, our Flexible Spending Account (FSA) will continue to be administered through WageWorks.
If you are currently enrolled and would like to continue this benefit in 2019, you must re-enroll.
- FSA 2019 Enrollment Form
- QuickStart Guide to Managing Your FSA
- WageWorks EZ Receipts® mobile app
- Examples of Eligible Expenses
- FSA Payment Options
- Questions and Answers
Eligible employees who elect the CDHP with HSA have the option to fund your account with payroll deductions with pre-tax dollars.
Oberlin College will deposit money into your HSA even if you do not add your own funds into the account.To be eligible for HSA funding from Oberlin College, you must complete a Biometric Screening and online Health Risk Assessment (HRA).
You may also complete voluntary health actions to earn additional contributions to your HSA from Oberlin College. Examples of health actions include at least completing (1) of the (2) following health actions
- Participating in Lifestyle Actions
- Seeing your Primary Care Physician (PCP) or OBGYN annually for a preventive care visit.
These HSA dollars can be used to cover 100% of HSA-eligible expenses. If dollars remain at year-end, they roll over for you to use in the future. The HSA account is owned by you and is also portable; you take it with you if you leave the plan or the college.
Customer Service can support you regarding account balances, setup investment options, pay bills, transfer funds and navigation starting My Health Plan regarding the Medical Mutual HSA.
Customer Service for inquires: (800) 522-2037 or MySpendingAccounts@MedMutual.com.
- Oberlin College HSA 2019 Enrollment Form
- MMO HSA Enrollment Form
- Transfer Funds from your Cigna HSA Bank to Medical Mutual HSA Bank Account
Oberlin College is committed to supporting and investing in the local community.
You can provide a charitable donation to organizations through an employee payroll deduction program
Our 2019 charities will be:
- Diversity Center of NEO
- Greater Cleveland Community Shares
- Oberlin College Gift
- Oberlin Community Services
- Oberlin Early Childhood Center
- Northern Ohio Youth Orchestra
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited
- United Way of Lorain County
Summary Annual Reports
All employees and retirees are responsible for notifying HR of any changes in personal status that change benefits enrollment or contact information on a timely basis.
Relevant changes in status include:
- Name Change
- Address and/or Phone Number
- Change in Marital Status (history of dependents cannot be erased)
- Emergency Contact Information
- Change in Life Insurance Beneficiary
- Change in Dependents (history of dependents cannot be erased)
- Change in Tax Withholding
A copy of the forms will be kept on record in HR; however the employee is responsible for keeping a copy of any changes and verifying that the change has been executed as requested.