Open Enrollment begins Monday, October 7, 2019 - Friday, November 1, 2019 at midnight. Any changes made will be effective January 1, 2020.
The Department of Human Resources is excited to announce that we will be offering an interactive opportunity for active employees to educate yourself on the Consumer Driven Health Plan with a Health Savings Account option. Learn how to compare the CDHP plan with the traditional PPO plans.
Join us for a 1 hour presentation and the opportunity to speak with Medical Mutual and/or Human Resources at the Knowlton Athletic Complex (upstairs, 2nd floor) at one of the following sessions--Register now:
- Wednesday, October 30 3:30-4:30 p.m.
For a copy of the PowerPoint Presentation, click here.
Active Employees: Please refer to your group specific open enrollment letter. On Monday, October 7, 2019 they will be communicated to you via email.
Retirees: Benefits-eligible retirees will receive open enrollment material via US Postal Service. You may find additional resources below.
Online enrollment is available for Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, AD&D, and Charitable Deductions. You may complete your annual enrollment online using OberView (formerly PRESTO). Our online open enrollment guide will help you navigate your way. Remember to click, "Complete" for your changes to save. If you wish to make further changes, you will have the option to “Reopen Open Enrollment” by clicking on the applicable link.
For those who are unable to complete enrollment online, you may submit paper enrollment forms to Human Resources.
Attention: HR Open Enrollment
173 West Lorain Street, Suite 205 Oberlin, OH 44074 (Service Building)
Call (440) 775-8430 Fax (440) 775-8630 Email: Human.Resources@oberlin.edu
Office hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday (after hours secure drop box available)
The deadline is midnight, November 1, 2019.
Important ACTIVE Employee Reminders
- Do you cover your Spouse or Domestic Partner on your health insurance policy?
- If so, and they are covered as primary, a Spousal Coordination of Benefits Form must be completed.
- Have you scheduled an appointment to complete a Biometric Screening for the CDHP with HSA -OR- a Union (OCOPE, UAW, and OCSA) PPO Incentive Health Plan?
- If no appointments are available, you may take this Biometric Screening from Physician form to your provider to complete.
- Have you completed your online Health Risk Assessment for the CDHP with HSA -OR- Union Incentive Health Plan? The deadline to complete: November 15th at midnight.
- Do you have a Flex Spending Account?
- If so, you must re-enroll to continue this benefit option in 2020.
- Do you contribute to a Health Savings Account through payroll deduction?
- If so, you must re-enroll to continue this option in 2020.
Retiree Information and Resources
Information will be mailed to you based upon eligibility and enrollment.
You will receive information from Oberlin College Department of Human Resources, Medical Mutual, and/or CVS Caremark.
- Retirees and/or spouse/domestic partner who are:
- Age 65 or older, and
- Currently enrolled in Medicare A & B, and
- Currently enrolled in the COMP Plan (Medicare Supplement)
- Click, here for a copy of the letter from Human Resources
- Click, here for a copy of the Summary of Benefits from MedMutual
- Click, here for a copy of the Summary of Benefits from SilverScripts
- Click, here for a copy of the 2020 SilverScript Formulary
- Click, here for a copy of the PowerPoint Presentation about the MedMutual Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Retiree who is age 62 to 64 (letter mailed)
- RAMP Retiree who RETIRED between the age of 52 - 61 (letter mailed)
- Surviving Spouse or Domestic Partner of a Retiree under age 65 (letter mailed)
- Health Reimbursement Account Choice Stipend Participants - (letter mailed)
Medical Mutual of Ohio (MMO) will remain our health insurance carrier.
The provider network is called SuperMed PPO. For providers outside of Ohio, you will use the Aetna Open Choice PPO network. To search for a medical facility, physician or specialty physician, search the provider network.
Visit My Health Plan to register for a secure member website. Find doctors in your network, estimate costs, check claims, receive your Explanation of Benefits (EOB), and more!
ACTIVE Employee Forms and Resources:
- Spousal Coordination of Benefits Form
- Benefits Enrollment Form
- Benefits Cancellation Form
- Scheduled an appointment to get a biometric screening for the CDHP with HSA -OR- Union (OCOPE, UAW, and OCSA) Incentive Plan
- Biometric Screening Form for your Physician to complete
- Online Health Assessment
- Medical Mutual CDHP with HSA PowerPoint Presentation
Summary of Benefits and Coverage and Plan Comparison Documents:
- All Active Benefits Eligible Employees
- Faculty, A&PS, and Confidential Staff
- Campus Safety (formerly Safety & Security)
- Retiree Resources and Forms
- Retiree Enrollment/Opt Out Medical Form
- Retiree Dental and Vision Cancellation Form
- Personal Changes Form
- Healthcare Option for RAMP Retirees
- RAMP OAPA PPO Plan A
- RAMP Deferral Form
- MedMutual Medicare Advantage PPO Plan Brochure
- RAMP Rates Schedule
- Stipend Option Summary
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement FAQ
- Make the Most of Your Health Plan
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB) Guide
- Medical Mutual Member Discounts
- Medical Mutual Disease Management Program
- Lifestyle Coaching
CVS Caremark will continue to administer the college’s prescription drug benefits.
CVS Caremark’s national network includes more than 68,000 pharmacies including retail chains. Plan participants are not required to manage their prescription benefits at a CVS pharmacy. Find a network pharmacy.
To make accessing your prescription benefits easier and more convenient, register your account at Caremark.com. Many tools and resources are available. CVS Caremark also offers a convenient home delivery and 90-day retail option for maintenance medication refills.
If you enroll in a medical plan, your ID card from Medical Mutual (MMO) will include pharmacy benefit information on your ID card.
SilverScripts (Retirees and/or Spouse/Domestic Partner,age 65 or older)
Superior Dental Care (SDC) will continue to administer our dental insurance.
There are no changes to the plan options, or rates in 2020.
SDC’s network offers over half a million access points throughout the United States! Find a Participating Dentist
SDC provides you with the ability to securely access plan information, view claims, print ID cards, and more.
Dental ID Card:
- If you enroll in a new dental option, you will receive new ID Card by 1/1/2020.
- If you change your option, you will receive new ID Card by 1/1/2020.
- If you are not making any changes, you will not receive a new ID card.
Additional Information and Forms
Our Vision plan will continue to be administered by Medical Mutual using the EyeMed national vision care network.
There are no changes to the plan options or rates in 2020.
The provider network is called Access. Find a participating provider using the Eye Med Provider Locator.
Vision ID cards will be mailed by Medical Mutual of Ohio (MMO) prior to January 1, 2020. If you enroll in our vision plan for 2020, you will receive an ID Card from MMO. If you continue vision coverage in 2020, you will not receive a new ID Card from MMO.
Additional Information and Forms
For 2020 you will continue to have the opportunity to enroll in valuable Life/AD&D benefits that can help protect you, your family, and your finances.
Rates and options will continue to remain the same in 2020.
Learn more about the benefit options and how you can sign up. If you elect
Sign in to complete your Statement of Health (Evidence of Insurability) online:
- Access Code: SUHYWHB
- Before you start, review the Statement of Health Checklist so you have necessary information to complete this process.
- Optional Life/AD&D Rate Sheet
- Optional Life Insurance Enrollment Form
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Form
- Benefits Cancelation Form
Have questions regarding your status of your pending application? Unum is here to help. Call: (800) 421-0344; hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday
In 2020, our Flexible Spending Account (FSA) will continue to be administered through WageWorks.
If you are currently enrolled and would like to continue this benefit in 2020, you must re-enroll.
- FSA 2020 Enrollment Form
- QuickStart Guide to Managing Your FSA
- WageWorks EZ Receipts® mobile app
- Examples of Eligible Expenses
- FSA Payment Options
- Questions and Answers
Eligible employees who elect the CDHP with HSA have the option to fund your account with payroll deductions with pre-tax dollars.
Oberlin College will deposit money into your HSA even if you do not add your own funds into the account. To be eligible for HSA funding from Oberlin College, you must complete a Biometric Screening and online Health Assessment (HRA).
You may also complete voluntary health actions to earn additional contributions to your HSA from Oberlin College. Examples of health actions include at least completing (1) of the (2) following health actions
- Participating in Lifestyle Actions
- Seeing your Primary Care Physician (PCP) or OBGYN annually for a preventive care visit.
These HSA dollars can be used to cover 100% of HSA-eligible expenses. If dollars remain at year-end, they roll over for you to use in the future. The HSA account is owned by you and is also portable; you take it with you if you leave the plan or the college.
Customer Service can support you regarding account balances, setup investment options, pay bills, transfer funds and navigation starting My Health Plan regarding the Medical Mutual HSA.
Customer Service for inquires: (800) 522-2037 or MySpendingAccounts@MedMutual.com.
Oberlin College is committed to supporting and investing in the local community.
You can provide a charitable donation to organizations through an employee payroll deduction program
Our 2020 charities will be:
- Diversity Center of NEO
- Greater Cleveland Community Shares
- Oberlin College Gift
- Oberlin Community Services
- Oberlin Early Childhood Center
- Northern Ohio Youth Orchestra
- Youth Opportunities Unlimited
- United Way of Lorain County
Summary Annual Reports
All employees and retirees are responsible for notifying HR of any changes in personal status that change benefits enrollment or contact information on a timely basis.
Relevant changes in status include:
- Name Change
- Address and/or Phone Number
- Change in Marital Status (history of dependents cannot be deleted)
- Emergency Contact Information
- Change in Life Insurance Beneficiary
- Change in Dependents (history of dependents cannot be deleted)
- Change in Tax Withholding
A copy of the forms will be kept on record in HR; however the employee is responsible for keeping a copy of any changes and verifying that the change has been executed as requested.
HIPAA Privacy Practices - This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed.
HIPAA Special Enrollment Rights - This notice provides information about your rights and protections as participants in group health plans.
Summary Annual Reports - This gives notice of the annual report summarizing each benefit plan subject to ERISA.
Women's Health and Cancer Rights Act - This notice describes your rights after a mastectomy.
Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice - This notice is about your prescription drug coverage and Medicare.
USERRA - This notice describes your rights under The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act.
Drug-Free Workplace Act - This notice informs you about the college policy to maintain a drug-free workplace.