Oberlin’s academic rigor and liberal arts curriculum provide an excellent preparation for students considering a career in law.
Obies in Law School
- Top three law schools attended by Oberlin graduates: Harvard, University of California- Berkeley, Georgetown
- Law School admissions rate for graduating seniors for the past 5 years: 97%
- Average number of law school acceptances by graduating seniors over the last five years: 4.6
Law schools express no preference for particular majors, but they want to see engaged students who have challenged themselves with a rigorous, well-rounded course of study. Successful law students tend to be people who not only have a strong academic record, but have compelling non-academic pursuits and who have involved themselves in making a contribution in some aspect of community life.
Oberlin’s pre-law advisor works with alumni and students who are considering a legal career and throughout the law school application process. The advisor also welcomes questions from prospective students or their parents.
The Pre-Law Advisor Can Help
- determine if law is the right field for you
- identify academic and experiential pre-law opportunities
- create a law school application timeline
- make a study plan for the LSAT
- evaluate which law schools to apply to
- review law school application essays
- review admission packages