Career Exploration and Development (CED) acknowledges that disability encompasses a wide range of individual identities, needs, and considerations. This page offers resources for students with disabilities to consider as they pursue jobs, internships, and other professional opportunities.
To facilitate equitable access to career development, CED provides reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities during career advising appointments. Accommodations may be requested when scheduling an appointment or by sending an email to email@example.com.
To learn about accessibility resources at Oberlin, check out the Office for Disability and Access.
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- A network dedicated to personalizing documentation detailing necessary accommodations.
- National Organization on Disability
- A nonprofit organization that provides educational resources for people with disabilities.
- National Business & Disability Council
- An organization for employers and employees to access disability resources and information.
- A career database designated for students specializing in the sciences.
- Lime Connect
- A database connecting people with disabilities to career opportunities.
- This website covers important topics including job seeking strategies, acts and government resources, language, groups and associations, and even resources for employers.
- U.S. Department of Labor Workforce Recruitment Program
- A recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.