Oberlin College’s Career Development Center helps students and recent alumni in the College of Arts and Sciences and the Conservatory of Music identify and achieve meaningful career objectives that build upon their Oberlin education and experiences.
We offer group and individual advising as well as experiential opportunities that complement all students' learning and experiences during their time at Oberlin.
We encourage students to take advantage of the center’s many programs and resources in order to:
- Enhance self-awareness of interests, values and talents: Individual counseling and advising, vocational and personality assessments.
- Explore future paths: Panel discussions, networking opportunities, and library and online resources with information on a variety of career fields.
- Acquire knowledge and experience: Internships during the summer and winter term, music competitions and summer festivals, freelancing, Business Scholars, Entrepreneurship Scholars, and Law Scholars programs.
- Develop skills for effective self-presentation: Workshops and individual advising on resumes, cover letters, bios, portfolios, audition preparation, proposal and essay writing, interviewing, networking, graduate school, fellowship and employment applications.
Online appointment scheduling is now available! Log in to Handshake any time to request an appointment with a Professional Career Advisor. You may also call us at 440-775-8140 or stop by our office.
More information about our hours and services is available on this page. We look forward to assisting you!
The Career Development Center's fabulous trained Peer Advisors are available to help you create a resume or cover letter, improve job search strategies, and navigate online resources.
College of Arts & Sciences
- Stevenson-Longman: Weekdays 3-5pm
- Azariah's: Sundays and Wednesdays 7-9pm
- Science Center Atrium: Sundays 3-5pm
- Conservatory Lounge: Mondays 4-6pm