Even in the midst of a pandemic, your Oberlin experience is your greatest asset during the job search. Employers are searching for candidates who are well-rounded and can articulate their transferable skills - critical thinking, problem solving, communication, collaboration, etc. - all facets of your liberal arts education. Below are some resources to assist you with your job search process in the age of COVID-19.
- Graduating In A Pandemic: Advice For The Anxious Post-College Job Search
- What’s going to happen to the class of 2020?
- How Your Resume Should Look During COVID-19
- Next steps for internships, job offers and graduate school applications
- Finding a Job during Challenging Economic Times
- How to Maximize Your Career Development During COVID-19
Tips for Success
- Big Interview - A free online tool that helps you effectively prepare for interviews and build confidence by practicing common interview questions.
- Everything you Need to Succeed in Job Interviews
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Job Interview
Diversity & Identity Group Resources
Most companies in the U.S. recognize the benefits of creating a diverse workforce, and the Career Development Center supports students and alumni of all backgrounds and identities with their career exploration and development. We have put together a sampling of networks and resources related to affinity groups, identities, and interests.