Conducting a job search during your senior year takes a great deal of time, energy, and organization. The Career Development Center can assist you with every aspect of the process, including:
- Helping you explore your interests, so you can locate an opportunity that is a great fit for you
- Providing you with the tools to research employers and positions
- Preparing your application materials and coaching you for interviews
- Connecting you with alumni who can provide advice on how to find opportunities in their career field.
- Helping you negotiate offers and avoid reneging.
Develop an action plan made up of a series of small steps. Break down your job search into small tasks that seem doable and not overwhelming. The job search is a cumulative process; fifteen minutes every day beginning in September will get you further than 35 hours over a weekend in May.
Things to consider
Budget your money wisely and prepare for expenses. Long-distance phone calls, airline tickets, an interview suit, resume paper, postage - all these expenses add up and can be an unpleasant surprise. So, think ahead and plan your budget accordingly.
Visit the Career Development Center or call 440-775-8140 to schedule an appointment with an advisor. Many of the resources linked to our site will also provide you with information, employer leads and tools for conducting a successful job search.
State of Ohio Requirement
Oberlin College is required by Ohio State law to provide a link to ohiomeansjobs.com . The Career Development Center does not endorse, review, or monitor the resources available through this site.