The goal of the Medical, Global Health, and STEM Career Community is to connect students who have an interest in these fields with opportunities that will allow them to explore their interests and chart their own pathway to a career of their choice.
The analytic skills and interdisciplinary understanding you’ve developed at Oberlin combined with the Obie passion for making a positive impact position you well to pursue medical, global health, and STEM careers.
Summer Research Links
Amgen Scholars is hosted at thirteen premier educational institutions within the United States. Each host institution has its own application process. U.S. citizenship or permanent residency in the United States is required, and you can apply to participate at as many host institutions as you are interested in.
WUSTL ENDURE Program
The ENDURE research program prepares undergraduates from diverse backgrounds for neuroscience PhD programs.
OHIO 5-OSU Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE)
The SURE program offers up to 30 research internships at The Ohio State University's Columbus campus, available exclusively to Ohio Five students.
Combined Dermatology and Clinical Research Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Fellowship
In conjunction with Beacon Clinical Research and Clinical Research IO, DermCare Experts offers its Combined Dermatology and Clinical Research Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Fellowship, an innovative two-year program.
Connect with alumni through OberLink, Oberlin's student-alumni networking platform. Join the Career Community for Medical, Global Health, and STEM to engage with members from all over the world in various health- and STEM-related fields.
The following list provides a variety of rescources related to medical, global health, and STEM, including professional organizations and job boards.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- Applying to Medical School with AMCAS
- How to Build a Strong Medical Resume
- Medical Jobs — Explore Healthcare Careers
- What is Public Health?
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- How to Find a Psychology Internship — Psychology.org
- PREDOC - Pathways to Research and Doctoral Careers
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Careers
- JAMA Career Center — The Journal of American Medical Association Career Center
- Health eCareers: Healthcare Jobs & Medical Jobs
- MomMD — Connecting Women in Medicine
- Health Jobs Nationwide
- Hospital Careers
- Health Career Center
- All50Medical.com — Allied Health Jobs
- Biotech Jobs
- Biohealthmatics — Career Portal for Biotechnology and Healthcare IT
- Travel Nursing Jobs
- iHireDental: Dental Jobs — Hiring for Dentists, Dental Hygienists, and Assistants
- DentalPost — Dental Jobs, Careers and Employment
- APTA's Career Center: Physical Therapy Jobs — American Physical Therapy Association
- NurseJungle Physical Therapy Jobs
- PTJobs.com — Physical Therapist Job Openings
- NutritionJobs — Dietitian Jobs
- Psychology Jobs
- Careers in Psychology
- USAJOBS — The Federal Government's Official Employment Site
- Health Education Jobs
- Academic Careers — College and University Jobs
- HigherEdJobs — Jobs in Higher Education
- Public Health Jobs
- Relief Web Jobs — Humanitarian Job Portal
- Jobs in Global Health & Poverty
- Global Health Jobs
- Addiction Counselor Jobs
- Abt Associates - Research-based Health Solutions Jobs
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- NORC at the University of Chicago - Research Jobs
- Biospace - Life Sciences Industry Job Postings
- The Commonwealth Fund - Health Policy Jobs
- Gap Year in Dermatology
- Northwell Health - Health Careers
Some of the many possible opportunities within this sector are:
- Physician Assistant
- Clinical psychologist
- Licensed counselor
- Health educator
- Community health worker
- Occupational health and safety specialist
- Public health nurse
- Public health analyst
- Emergency management specialist
- Health researcher
- Medical social worker
- Field consultant
- Program evaluator
- Refugee health organizations
- International, governmental or non-governmental health organizations
- Organization development specialist
- Disaster relief specialist
- Policy analyst
- Aid worker
- Pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Research design, administration, and grants management
Medical, Global Health and STEM Jobs & Internships
Below is a sampling of jobs and internships currently posted for Obies. Log in to Handshake to explore all of the available opportunities.
Below are some of the resources we recommend for funding medicine-related scientific projects and finding new opportunities, including technical laboratory positions.