Oberlin prepares future visionary and creative leaders in the business and nonprofit worlds. Business and finance constitutes the third largest career path for Oberlin graduates. These graduates bring their Oberlin perspectives and values to effect positive change in the world from within the business sector.
The skills you have developed at Oberlin – communication, analytical thinking, problem solving, and creativity – are in high demand in the world of business, finance, and management consulting. The Business, Finance, and Consulting Career Community will help you put theory into practice and design innovative approaches to problem solving in a rapidly changing world.
You might be surprised at the variety of opportunities and employers in this sector. Our internships will cover fields such as:
- Business administration and management
- Event planning
- Facilities management
- Human resources
- Operations and logistics
- Project management
- Commercial banking
- Hedge funds
- Investment banking
- Investment management
- Mutual funds
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Wealth management
The following resources provide a variety of job search databases related to Business.
- Wall Street Oasis
- National Venture Capital Association (NVCA)
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- Bank Jobs
- The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) Career Hub
- American Association of Finance and Accounting Opportunities
- Financial Management Association Job Board
- Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business
- Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance Career Center
Connect with alumni through Wisr, Oberlin's student-alumni networking platform. Join the Career Community for Finance, Business, and Consulting Sectors to engage with members from all over the world in various business-related fields.
Business, Finance, and Consulting Jobs & Internships
Below is a sampling of jobs and internships currently posted for Obies. Log in to Handshake to explore all of the available opportunities.