Winter Term presents an opportunity for you to share your expertise with a current student and help them learn more about your career field.
Winter Term internships provide students with realistic exposure to career fields that interest them. Alumni offer a majority of our Winter Term internships, but we also welcome internship offers from parents of Oberlin students, employers, and other friends of the College.
- Host an eager assistant to help with projects
- Share information about the profession and provide career mentoring to an Oberlin student
- A firsthand look at what it's really like to work in their career field of interest
- The opportunity to apply liberal arts skills in a real-world environment
- Information to help their career decision-making
- Experience to strengthen their future job and internship applications
Winter Term 2022 internships will take place from Tuesday, January 25 through Thursday, February 17.
Winter Term 2022 internship postings will be accepted through Friday, October 15, 2021. There are two ways to post:
Submit the 2022 Winter Term Internship Posting Form with all the details we will need to post your opportunity to Handshake, our job and internship database.
If you’ve previously posted a Winter Term opportunity and would like to repost it with the same description, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can pull descriptions from the past three years for you to review, if requested.
After you have submitted your internship posting(s), we will be in touch about next steps.
- Mid-August - Friday, October 15: Winter Term internship postings submitted to the Career Development Center
- Friday, November 12: Student application deadline
- Monday, November 15: Employers receive application packets from the Career Development Center by 5:00 p.m. Employers begin reaching out to applicants directly to schedule phone or virtual interviews and to notify applicants of their status
- Friday, December 3: Employer offer deadline
- Friday, December 10: Student accept/decline deadline
- January 25-February 17, 2022: Winter Term
Fair Labor Standards for Internships
If you are offering an internship with a "for-profit" organization in the private sector, and have questions about how the Fair Labor Standards Act applies to interns, please download the U.S. Department of Labor's fact sheet: Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Additional information is available through the U.S. Department of Labor.