Winter Term presents an opportunity for you to share your expertise with a current student and help them learn more about your career field.
Winter Term internships provide students with realistic exposure to career fields that interest them. Alumni offer a majority of our Winter Term internships, but we also welcome internship offers from parents of Oberlin students, employers, and other friends of the College.
- Host an eager assistant to help with projects
- Share information about the profession and provide career mentoring to an Oberlin student
- A firsthand look at what it's really like to work in your field
- The opportunity to apply their liberal arts skills in a real-world environment
- Information to help them in their career decision-making
- Experience to strengthen their future job and internship applications
How to Post a Winter Term Internship
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and changes to the academic calendar, the timing and process for sharing Winter Term opportunities in 2020-21 is still under review. Please continue checking back for more information.
Fair Labor Standards for Internships
If you are offering an internship with a "for-profit" organization in the private sector, and have questions about how the Fair Labor Standards Act applies to interns, please download the U.S. Department of Labor's fact sheet: Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act . Additional information is available through the U.S. Department of Labor.