Facilities Operations serves the Oberlin College community as the primary resource for all facility related needs and concerns. We strive to ensure efficient day-to-day operations of the college campus.
Our office handles routine, emergency, and preventative maintenance needs of all building systems. We provide landscaping, snow removal, and care of athletic fields. It is our priority to support the day-to-day custodial needs, including emergency custodial coverage to the campus community. Facilities Operations uses the web-based work order management system SchoolDude to process all requests for maintenance on campus. Please submit work order requests online.
Facilities Operations also assists with special functions on campus and within the community at large. Our office collaborates with and sustains the efforts of the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) division, the Office of Sustainability, and Facilities Planning and Construction for capital improvement projects around campus.
MVR — Driving Background Checks
All MVRs expire on June 30 of every year
Please refer to College-Related Vehicle Rentals for updated procedures and policies regarding renting vehicles at Oberlin College. If you have any questions, call (440) 775-8445.
- Students without an Ohio driver's license must take and pass a written test on Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws .
- Student should study the Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws; then take the written test at Facilities Operations, between 8am - 4pm, M-F.
- Students MUST complete a motor vehicle background check (MVR) annually.
- If multiple drivers are necessary for a long trip ALL drivers must be certified.
- Student Organizations MUST submit an authorized SFC (Student Finance Committee) form at least three (3) business days prior to the date of intended use.