Facilities Operations uses the web-based work order management system TOPdesk. During our regular hours of 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, please submit all work order requests through OberView, TOPdesk icon or online at oberlin.topdesk.net (SSO required). Our office hours are subject to change based on staff coverage.
If you are experiencing an emergency outside of our regular hours, please contact the Office of Campus Safety at 440-775-8444.
How to Submit a Work Order
Starting February 1, 2021, our new service request management tool TOPdesk will replace SchoolDude (Maintenance Direct).
- You will log in to the Self-Service Portal using your Oberlin College Single Sign-On credentials.
- Complete the Oberlin Okta two-factor authentication.
- You will see a number of options.
Select the type of service you require.
- Select “Facilities Request for Service” to create a new service request.
- Click "General Facilities Service Request.
- Please provide a phone number where you can be reached.
- Select the building where work is needed.
- Click the dropdown to select a specific room.
- Is this a maintenance issue? If this is not a maintenance issue, a FOAP will be required.
- Please be as specific as possible in your description, including a room number if the room number was not available in the dropdown list.
- Select “Events” for any event set-up.
- Click Event Set Up Request.
- Must provide a valid FOAP.
- Must have set-up and take-down dates and times.
- Your request will not be processed without this information.
- Select “Vehicle Rental” for any rental request.
- Click Car/Van Rental Request.
- Fill out all required fields.
- Must have a current MVR on file (expires June 30 each year.)
- Must provide a valid FOAP.
- Select “My Requests” to view existing Service Requests.
You can track the status of your ticket using the Self-Service Portal functionality. You can call the office at 440-775-8445 to follow up on your work order after submitting it online, or send an email to email@example.com.
If you are experiencing an emergency and it is outside the regular hours of 8:00am–4:30pm please contact the Office of Safety at 440-775-8444. Remember to please be as specific as possible when reporting an issue.
If you are having issues with your Single Sign-On (SSO) or Okta verification, please contact CIT.
If you are having trouble as an existing user, or you are a new user that has never submitted an online request, please call Facilities Operations at 440-775-8445.
Emergency Work Orders
For emergency work orders please check the box that says, "Maintenance Emergency" when filing your work order requests online. You can call the office during regular business hours to follow up on your work order, after submitting it online or send our office an email .
Special Event Setups
Work Order requests for special event setups are managed by our Service Transportation department. These include requests for tables, chairs and podiums for departmental events, student union activities, featured speakers, concerts, open houses, etc.
- We require at least 72 hours notice for event set ups, but it is better to request events 7 to 10 days in advance to ensure that we have the items needed to make your event a success.
- Changing events in case of rain or moving to rain dates should be announced 24 hours in advance.
- When requesting an event set up in TOPdesk, use the Event Set Up Request instead of Facilities Request for Service.
- All events set up requests require that you provide an account number, or FOAP. Requests will not be processed until the account number is provided.
- Attaching diagrams or pictures of how you would like your event set up helps to ensure that the set up meets to your expectations.