Facilities Operations rents vehicles through Enterprise Rent-a-Car for drivers approved by the college performing college business or that are a part of college sponsored activities. Buses for larger groups are also rented through this office, through First Student Charter Bus Rental. Requesters must include the First Student Booking form with their TOPdesk work order.
When you are ready to request a vehicle, log on to oberlin.topdesk.net to submit a work order requesting a vehicle using the required template at least five (5) business days prior to the date of intended use. Facilities Operations reserves the right to decline the work order if the above requirements have not been met.
To be covered under Oberlin College's insurance, you must complete a driving background check done each academic/fiscal year. For those with licenses issued in states other than Ohio you must also successfully pass a written exam for Ohio driving laws. The test is offered in the Facilities Operations office between 8 a.m and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Students WITHOUT an Ohio driver’s license MUST take and pass a written test on Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws.
- Student should study the Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws ; then take the written test at Facilities Operations, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., M-F.
- Students MUST complete a motor vehicle background check (MVR) annually.
- If multiple drivers are necessary for a trip longer than eight (8) hours; ALL drivers must be certified.
- Student Organizations MUST submit an authorized SFC (Student Finance Committee) form at least five (5) business days prior to the date of intended use.