Facilities Operations rents vehicles through Enterprise Rent-a-Car for drivers approved by the College performing College business or that are apart of College sponsored activities. Buses for larger groups are also rented through this office.
When you are ready to request a vehicle, log on to www.myschoolbuilding.com to submit a work order requesting a vehicle using the required template at least three (3) business days prior to the date of intended use. Facilities Operations reserves the right to decline the work order if the above requirements have not been met.
To be covered under Oberlin College's insurance, you must complete a driving background check done each academic/fiscal year. For those with licenses issued in states other than Ohio you must also successfully pass a written exam over Ohio Driving Laws. The test is offered in the Facilities Operations office Monday through Friday between 8 a.m and 4 p.m.
- Students WITHOUT an Ohio driver’s license MUST take and pass a written test on Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws.
- Student should study the Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws; then take the written test at Facilities Operations, M-F, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Students MUST complete a motor vehicle background check (MVR) annually.
- If multiple drivers are necessary for a trip longer than eight (8) hours; ALL drivers must be certified.
- Student Organizations MUST submit an authorized SFC (Student Finance Committee) form at least three (3) business days prior to the date of intended use.
- Labor Distribution Rates FY 2018 (July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018)
- MVR Background Check - Students, staff, clubs, teams, etc.
- MVR Background Check - Campus Safety and UAW only!
- Enterprise Vehicle Types
- Enterprise Program Rate Summary
- $25 Quick Start Charge
- Printable SFC Transportation form
- Business and Personal Travel and ENTERPRISE eLink for Non-Campus Pick-up Reservations
- Digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws