2020–21 Cost Breakdown
For students who matriculated Fall 2017 and after:
- Tuition - $57,654
- All Room types - $8,600
- GoYeo Meal Plan (300 meals per semester) - $8,734
- Gold Meal Plan (students who have completed two or more years) - $7,316
- Cardinal Meal Plan (students who have completed three or more years) - $4,850
- Fees1 - $900
 Fees includes a refundable “Green Fee.” Students may waive this fee if they do not wish to support the Green Edge Fund.
For students who matriculated prior to Fall 2017: please contact the financial aid office for details on your 2020-21 costs.
Estimated indirect expenses for all students:
- Books - $930
- Personal Expenses - $978
- Travel - Varies
Other costs for 2020–21:
- Student health insurance2 - $1,924 (estimated)
- Part time, per credit - $2,404
- Overload, per credit - $1,448
 Student health insurance is billed in the fall semester; with certain exceptions, students who have other adequate coverage may choose to waive this insurance.
Estimating Your Financial Aid Package
Oberlin’s Quick Cost Estimator provides an easy way for families to estimate their need-based financial award. Another tool is the Net Price Calculator. Keep in mind that the figures these tools provide are only estimates.
The Office of Student Accounts issues term bills in early July [with payment due in late July] for the fall semester and in early December [with payment due the third week of December ] for the spring semester.
Students and Banner Self Service Proxy users are notified through their e-mail account when the statements are available on Banner Self Service.
Term bills may not reflect your financial aid award. This can happen for several reasons.
- If we have not received all the information needed to finalize your financial aid eligibility, your file is considered incomplete. In general, aid is not credited to an account until your file is complete.
- If you have not yet completed your loan entrance counseling before the fall term bills are mailed, your loan will not be sent to Oberlin.
- Outside scholarships are credited to your account when Oberlin receives the funds. Generally, this occurs after you have officially enrolled and classes begin. Many outside scholarship agencies require you to provide an invoice or enrollment verification before a check will be sent. You should contact the scholarship program to see if there are special requirements.
- Work-study is not automatically credited to your bill. Students will receive a paycheck every two weeks based on the number of hours they work. Students are responsible for finding employment. You and your family should decide how your paychecks will be used. Many students use earnings to make payments to their bill. But you may also use your earnings for personal expenses if your bill is paid by other means. Please visit the Office of Student Employment for additional information.
If you receive an invoice that does not include your financial aid, you should reconcile your financial aid award with your billing statement and anticipate what your balance will be after your aid is credited. You may pay the anticipated balance. For detailed information about billing, see the Office of Student Accounts. If you receive an invoice that does not include your financial aid, you should reconcile your financial aid award with your billing statement and anticipate what your balance will be after your aid is credited. You may pay the anticipated balance. For detailed information about billing, visit the Office of Student Accounts.
A number of financing plans are available to assist families with financing an Oberlin education by dividing the cost in equal monthly payments.
Oberlin College does not recommend one program over another. The decision to participate in any of the programs should be based on the unique circumstances in each household. This information is as current as possible but is subject to change.
Tuition Management Systems
- 10 Monthly payments
- Payments begin in July
- $55 annual enrollment fee
- No interest
- Automatic monthly payment/Direct debit option
- Credit card payments available
For more information contact Tuition Management Systems, Inc. , at 800-722-4867.
Oberlin College Budget Payment Plan
- 3 equal payments per semester
- Information is included with the 1st billing statement each term
- Payments begin in July
- No enrollment fee or interest
- Balance due must be cleared by the close of the semester
Additional information is included with every semester's billing statement. You may also contact the Office of Student Accounts for further assistance.