Notes for Voice Applicants:
- Voice applicants must submit a screening audition for review via the Audition and Screening Dropbox on your Applicant Portal.
- Screening recordings and recorded auditions must be audio/video recordings. Audio-only recordings will not be accepted.
- All works should be performed from memory.
- Repertoire for the screening can, but does not need to, be identical to that of the final audition recordings. If submitting the same repertoire, you do not need to re-record the music if you feel the recordings fully showcase your musical ability.
- Screening deadline: December 4.
- When choosing repertoire to satisfy requirements of your choice, we encourage exploring the works of Black and other underrepresented composers, or other works that you find personally meaningful or diverse. Choosing repertoire is an opportunity to showcase works that best reflect your culture, gender or other forms of self-identity.
Screening and Final Audition Requirements:
- One 17th- or 18th-century Italian art song or aria
- Two contrasting selections to be chosen from the following: a French, German, or American/English art song; an arranged folk song or spiritual; an opera or oratorio aria
Auditions and Interviews Overview