Notes for Voice Applicants:
- Voice applicants must submit a screening audition for review via the Audition and Screening Dropbox on your Applicant Portal.
- Screening recordings and recorded auditions must be audio/video recordings. Audio-only recordings will not be accepted.
- All works should be performed from memory.
- Repertoire performed for screening can, but does not need to, be identical to repertoire performed for the final audition.
- Screening deadline: December 4.
- Final audition recordings deadline: February 1. Recordings submitted may not be those used for screening, even in circumstances where the repertoire performed is the same. In addition to submitting a recorded audition, applicants will be required to participate in a virtual meeting with applied faculty in their area of study.
- When choosing repertoire to satisfy requirements of your choice, we encourage exploring the diverse works of underrepresented composers, and pieces that you find meaningful. Choosing repertoire is an opportunity to showcase works that best reflect your culture, gender or other forms of self-identity. Check the Oberlin Conservatory Library webpage Diversify your Repertoire for ideas to get started.
2023 - 2024 On-Campus Voice Audition Dates
- Saturday, February 10, 2024
- Sunday, February 11, 2024
- Saturday, February 17, 2024
- Sunday, February 18, 2024
Screening and Final Audition Requirements:
- One 17th- or 18th-century Italian art song or aria
- Two contrasting selections to be chosen from the following: a French, German, or American/English art song; an arranged folk song or spiritual; an opera or oratorio aria