If you are not a current Oberlin College student, please see the Undergraduate Applicants section.
Current Oberlin Arts and Sciences students must complete the steps below:
- Complete and submit the Change of Status Application.
- After submitting the application, you will be prompted to make an appointment with Mary K. Gray, associate dean for Conservatory Student Academic Affairs. You will discuss your plans involving the conservatory and review your current academic profile and progress.
- (Screened Areas) Students interested in applying and auditioning for a major in voice, piano, flute, harp, jazz studies, composition or TIMARA are required to submit a screening prior to being invited to audition for those departments. See the individual departments' audition pages for screening requirements.
Note: Current Oberlin College students will not be able to use the Audition and Screening Dropbox referenced on our audition webpages. Instead, students should bring a DVD or flash drive with your media files to the Office of Conservatory Admissions, 39 W. College St.
- (All Applicants) Perform an audition or submit a portfolio: Follow directions for auditioning. Note: part of the Change of Status Application will be scheduling your audition.
- (Optional) Meet with Beth Weiss, Associate Director of Conservatory Admissions, if you have any questions about the process or would like to discuss options regarding opportunities and change of status (firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-775-8413).
A student will only be reviewed for admission after meeting with the Conservatory Associate Dean for Student Academic Affairs and completing an audition. Although letters of recommendation are not required, the entirety of a student's Oberlin transcript, their academic progress and standing, and performance on the audition will be reviewed when considering students for admission.
Musical Studies Major (formerly called the College Music Major): Arts and sciences students who are interested in declaring this major in the college should schedule an appointment to see either Associate Dean Mary K. Gray, 775-8200 or the Office of the Registrar, 775-8450.
Changing or adding a major: Conservatory students who wish to add a conservatory major or change a conservatory major need to meet with the conservatory associate dean.