Baroque Flute, Baroque Oboe, Baroque Violin, Baroque Cello/Viola da Gamba, Harpsichord, Fortepiano, Lute, Recorder
Notes for Historical Performance Applicants:
- Historical Performance applicants must submit a screening audition for review via the Audition and Screening Dropbox on your Applicant Portal.
- Screening recordings and recorded auditions must be audio/video recordings. Audio-only recordings will not be accepted.
- Screening deadline: December 4.
- Final audition recordings deadline: February 1.
Screening and Final Audition Requirements:
- Three or four contrasting pieces or movements of the applicant's choice from the solo or ensemble literature
- Major and minor scales
Applicants in lute, recorder, and viola da gamba should include pieces from the Renaissance and baroque periods; others should attempt to represent varied styles from standard repertoires.
In addition to submitting final audition recordings, applicants will be scheduled for a live video session with the applied Historical Performance faculty. This will give you the opportunity to get to know the faculty and learn more about the program. The session will feel more like a lesson and/or interview rather than a live audition, however you may still be asked to perform works from the final audition requirements. You will receive information about selecting a date and time for your session after passing the screening review.