Fall Health Insurance Waiver Deadline is August 31, 2018.
Oberlin College 2018-2019 Fall Waiver Information
Oberlin College requires that all students maintain student health insurance coverage as a condition of enrollment. For students enrolled for the fall term 2018, the deadline to waive health insurance is August 31, 2018. You may apply for a waiver if you already have coverage under an alternate health insurance plan that meets certain minimum requirements, meaning that is comparable to the Oberlin College health insurance plan. Travel plans or plans that require you to pay for treatment yourself and then apply for reimbursement will not be accepted for waiving the Oberlin College health insurance plan.
- The online waiver form is available at http://oberlin.myahpcare.com/
- You will receive a confirmation number when you successfully complete the process.
- International students may not waive the college health insurance.
You must submit your request for waiver by August 31, 2018, to be considered. If you do not submit a waiver form, you will be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan, Academic Health Plans (AHP). Sending waiver forms to Student Health does not mean you have automatically waived the insurance.
You must complete the online waiver form each year.
- Go to Oberlin.myahpcare.com
- You can follow the instructions to apply for coverage, but you do not need to enroll.
- You will be automatically enrolled on August 1 with the option to still waive out of the plan by the waiver deadline of August 31, 2017.
- Students without health insurance must stay enrolled in the college health insurance plan.
- For additional information about plan benefits please contact Academic Health Plans by phone at (855) 844-3014 .