Office of Student Accounts

Frequently Asked Questions

It depends on how you want to pay:

  • Checks can be sent to:
    Oberlin College, Office of Student Accounts,
    52 West Lorain St., #122, Oberlin, OH 44074
    (be sure to include your Oberlin ID number on the front of the check for proper credit.)
  • Online payment:

    Make a Payment

Charges on the term bill consist of:

  • Tuition
  • Meal Plans
  • Housing
  • Activity Fee
  • Student Health Fee
  • Green EDGE Fund
  • Student Health Insurance

Tuition, meal plans, and housing costs vary from student to student. Students may elect to decline the Student Health Insurance and or the Green Edge Fund, provided the appropriate waivers have been submitted as required.

The Health Insurance Waiver Link will be available the first week of July.  Instructions to waive can be found on the Health Insurance Page.

Other departments within the college assess student-related charges that may appear on the statement. Please contact the specific department for details about the additional charge. In order to make any adjustments for the charge, the Office of Student Accounts must receive direct authorization from the department originating the fee. For your convenience, below is a list of commonly assessed departmental fees and follow-up contact information:

Term Bill Questions/Payment Plans Student Accounts
Scholarship/Loan Inquiries Financial Aid
Housing and Meal Plan Charges Residential Education
Key and Room Damage Fees Residential Education
Grades and Transcripts Registrar
Over-Hour Charges Registrar
Verification of Enrollment Registrar
Safety/Security Fines Campus Safety

Credits can either be left on the account to pay for the following semester or they can be refunded. An email request is required by the student including name, Oberlin ID number, amount requested, payee name, and address. 

Financial aid is applied to the account as it is received. Students may reduce the amount due by financial aid/awards they anticipate receiving and using toward the listed costs. Financial aid award letters are sent out by the Financial Aid office. If you have any questions regarding your financial aid, contact the Office of Financial Aid, 800-693-3173 or 440-775-8142.

Receiving Statements

For fall semester, term bills are normally issued the first week of July with a due date of July 22.  For spring semester, term bills are normally issued the first week of December with a due date of December 22.

Statements are normally processed the first business day of each month and are available to students and authorized users through the Student Account Center or Banner Self Service.  Students are notified through their Oberlin e-mail account when the statements are available.  Student Account Center authorized users and Banner Web Proxy users will also receive notification when statements are processed.  Copies of your monthly statement can be forwarded as an attachment to whoever is responsible for paying your account (e.g., parents, grandparents, etc.).  It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that the necessary information is provided to whoever pays the charges each month so that payment can be remitted on time.

Check the Student Account Center or Banner Self Service.  It is the student’s responsibility to make sure that a copy of the statement is provided to whoever is paying their account.