Oberlin College Payment Plan
Oberlin College offers an interest free payment plan that allows families to pay semester charges in three equal installments. Installment due dates for the Fall 2019 semester are:
|July 24, 2019||Installment 1|
|August 22, 2019||Installment 2|
|September 24, 2019||Installment 3|
The plan is for 90 days and terminates automatically on September 24, 2019. If you are interested in signing up for the Oberlin College Payment Plan, please click on the link below and return a completed form to the Office of Student Accounts via mail, fax, or e-mail.
- Oberlin Payment Plan Enrollment Form - Fall 2019
Please use your July 1st billing statement to fill out the form.
An enrollment form must be submitted for each semester to receive the interest free benefit.
Tuition Management Systems (TMS) Monthly Payment Plan
A monthly payment plan, administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS), allows Oberlin College students and their parents to spread out annual college costs, including tuition, fees, housing and meals. The plan consists of 5 equal payments per term: July 1, 2019 through November 1, 2019 for the fall term and December 1, 2019 through April 1, 2020 for the spring term.
- Call TMS at 800-722-4867 or 888-713-7238 to determine your budget plan and to enroll. The TMS website has a “Budget and Estimating Cost Sheet” to help set up your budget. Budgets should be compared to the student's Oberlin account, check statements on Banner Self Service to compare.
- Each month, send your payments directly to TMS who will then forward to Oberlin.
- At any time, you can view your TMS online account through the TMS website . This will show you information such as when your last payment arrived, when your next payment is due, and how many payments you have left for the year.
- An enrollment fee of $40 per term is required for the plan. There are no interest charges during the length of the plan as long as payments are current and budget is accurate.
- The deadline for fall term is September 5. The deadline for spring term enrollment is February 1.
- The TMS system is not directly connected to your Oberlin Student Account. It is your responsibility to make sure the budget and monthly payments are sufficient to cover the term bill. Check your statements on Banner Self Service to compare your budget with that of TMS or call our office at 440-775-8457.
- Changes in financial aid, room or board will affect your TMS budget and should be monitored.
- Payment for miscellaneous charges, not included in TMS budgets, should be made directly to the college.
Consider this option if you:
- Can't pay the term bill in full before the beginning of the semester;
- Can pay at least a portion of your tuition bill from current cash flow or savings; or
- Want to avoid overborrowing.
Whichever option you choose, the Office of Student Accounts will post statements reporting all charges and payments to the student's Banner Self Service Account monthly. Students are responsible for providing their billing statements to interested parties. Signing up for Banner Web Proxy is highly recommended.