Office of Student Accounts

Study Away

Tuition and Fees

Tuition is billed in July for the Fall semester and in December for the Spring Semester. Housing, food and other miscellaneous charges are posted on the student’s Oberlin College account as they are received by the program. Oberlin College pays the program, so all payments should be made directly to Oberlin College. In some instances a deposit made directly to the program is necessary to secure a spot.

Any approved study away semester, whether through an Oberlin Affiliated Program or not, will be charged Oberlin College’s standard tuition rates. If the program tuition is higher than Oberlin's tuition, the higher tuition will be charged.  Housing and food costs for the semester are those charged by the program.

Financial Aid

Any student approved for study away programs and wishing to receive aid must complete the same financial aid forms as those students intending to remain on campus. All financial aid deadlines and requirements apply. In addition, students who wish to apply financial aid (Oberlin, Federal, etc) to a study away program must complete the Consortium/Contractual Agreement and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid.

For students approved to attend a non-affiliated program, no Oberlin need-based or merit aid is available; however, federal aid (e.g. Pell grant, Stafford and PLUS loans) can be applied to the cost of your program if you complete the Consortium/Contractual Agreement and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid.

Please visit the Office of Study Away for additional information.