A visual feast for those who love art and the creative process, the Clarence Ward Art Library has more than 110,000 books, exhibition catalogs, and bound periodicals, as well as about 250 journals.
The Clarence Ward ’37 Art Building, also referred to as the Ward Art Building, features the Fisher Gallery for student exhibitions, art history classrooms, painting and silkscreen studios, and the Visual Resources Collection.
Between college and town lies a 13-acre, wooded green space called Tappan Square. Among the square’s assorted trees is Clark Bandstand, named for benefactor Arthur Clark.
This late Victorian mansion (1909) was donated to the college for use as a residence for the dean of students.
In the central atrium of Jesse Philips Physical Education Center stands a four-sided, 25-foot pillar with more than 1,000 holds of all shapes and sizes. Perfect for climbing.
Clonick Hall is a superior recording studio and performance space housed in the conservatory’s Bertram and Judith Kohl Building.
The Clyde S. McGregor ’74 Office of Admissions is housed in the Peter B. Lewis Gateway Center. It serves undergraduates of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Department-based and student research projects often involve use of the Oberlin College Archives.
Oberlin College Lanes is the only bowling center in Northeast Ohio that is alcohol-free and has been smoke-free since 1993.
Housed in a specially designed room of the Science Center, Oberlin’s confocal microscope provides remarkable cellular detail and resolution.