Have you accepted a summer internship that requires you to receive college credit? We can help!
Oberlin students are eligible to receive two co-curricular credits for a summer internship, providing it meets certain requirements. To determine whether your internship is eligible for credit, read through the guidelines below.
Eligibility for Summer Internship Credit
To qualify for co-curricular credit, the internship must meet the following criteria:
- The internship site must require credit to participate in the internship.
- The internship requires a minimum of 200 hours of work (in-person or remotely).
- The internship cannot be paid.
- The internship must fit within an academic context and be completed over the summer.
Credit for internships must be approved by the Career Development Center. Not all internships will be approved for credit.
The deadline to register for summer internship credit is Friday, May 13, 2022.
How to Register for Credit
If you meet the guidelines, complete the following steps:
- Schedule an appointment (Career and Internship Programs > Credit for Summer Internship) after March 1.
- Complete the 2022 Summer Internship Credit Registration form by Friday, May 13, 2022.
After completing the registration form, you will be registered for two co-curricular credits. Internships will be graded on a Pass/No Pass basis.
Students may earn two co-curricular credits for each internship completed. The credit will not count toward fulfillment of major or distribution requirements. A maximum of two internship credits may be applied toward graduation.
Your Responsibilities During the Internship
- Prior to and during the summer, you will receive emails from the Career Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with important information about assignments and deadlines. Please be sure to read these emails carefully and contact us with any questions well in advance of deadlines.
- You are responsible for notifying the Career Development Center if you choose to no longer receive credit. You have until Monday, August 29, 2022 to notify the Career Development Center that you no longer want credit for the internship, or you will receive No Pass on your transcript.
Please contact the Career Development Center at email@example.com or 440-775-8140 if you have questions.