Have you accepted a summer internship that requires you to receive college credit? We can help!
Oberlin students are eligible to receive one co-curricular credit for a summer internship, providing it meets certain requirements. To determine whether your internship is eligible for credit, read through the guidelines below.
Eligibility for Summer Internship Credit
To qualify for co-curricular credit, the internship must meet the following criteria:
- The internship site must require credit to participate in the internship.
- The internship requires a minimum of 200 hours of work (in-person or remotely).
- The internship cannot be paid.
- The internship must fit within an academic context and be completed over the summer.
Credit for internships must be approved by Career Exploration and Development. Not all internships will be approved for credit.
Summer Experience Credit 2024
The application for 2024 is coming soon!
You MUST have secured an internship offer prior to completing the Summer Internship Credit Application. If you have questions of need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply for Credit
If you meet the guidelines, complete the following steps:
After securing an internship offer, complete the Summer Internship Credit Application form. You will be required to upload a detailed internship description including both work responsibilities and learning goals.
After completing the application form, schedule an appointment (Career Exploration and Development - Credit for Summer Internship).
After completing the application form, you will be registered for one co-curricular credit. Internships will be graded on a Pass/No Pass basis.
Students may earn one co-curricular credit for each internship completed. The credit will not count toward fulfillment of major or distribution requirements. A maximum of two internship credits may be applied toward graduation.
Your Responsibilities During the Internship
Prior to and during the summer, you will receive emails from Career Exploration and Development at email@example.com with important information about assignments and deadlines. Please be sure to read these emails carefully and contact us with any questions well in advance of deadlines.
- You will receive an email from Career Exploration and Development detailing the required self evaluation due before the start of the Fall semester.
- You will receive a email with resources on how to complete and submit a digication e-portfolio on the summer internship. This assignment will be due within the first week of the Fall semester.
You are responsible for notifying Career Exploration and Development if you choose to no longer receive credit. You have until Monday, August 28, 2023 to notify Career Exploration and Development that you no longer want credit for the internship, or you will receive No Pass on your transcript.
Please contact Career Exploration and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.