The Oberlin College Writing Associates Program is committed to sparking conversations about strategies for effective oral and written communication in a wide variety of spaces and formats on campus.
We offer workshops on a variety of topics, which can be tailored to specific needs or interests.
Some of our workshops and events are open to the public, while others are scheduled by request for specific groups or classes. If you are interested in having us lead a workshop, contact us and we would be happy to discuss it with you:
- Laurie McMillin, chair of Department of Rhetoric and Composition, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cortney Smith, Mellon Postdoctoral Fellow, email@example.com
- Peri Leavitt, Writing Associate Fellow, firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few examples of past workshops and events:
- Speaking in a Professional Setting in partnership with the Stamps Scholars
- Senior Symposium Series in partnership with the Office for Undergraduate Research
- Debate Skills in partnership with Professor of Politics Kathrin Kranz
- How to Present a Case for a Crime Trial in partnership with Professor of Chemistry Rob Thompson
- Tell Me About Yourself: How to Present Yourself in a Professional Context in partnership with the Career Development Center