All students, regardless of which health insurance they have, are welcome to utilize Student Health Services.
There is no copay for an appointment, however there may be a small fee for specialized services, lab tests, and medications. Payment is due at the time of service by cash, check, credit/debit card, Obie Dollars or Student Charge. Bring your Oberlin College Photo ID with you.
- Evaluation and treatment of illness
- Preventative care
- Well visits, Physical exams, and Travel consults
- Immunizations/Flu shots
- STI testing
- COVID antigen testing
- Diagnostic tests including rapid strep, rapid mono, urinalysis, urine pregnancy tests, and hemoglobin are performed in the office for a $5 fee.
- Free Cold Care Kits. No need for an appointment, just ask for one!
- Free Emergency Contraception available by appointment with valid Student ID.
- Women’s Health including Birth Control Consultation and prescriptions, Pap Smear and Gyn exams by a Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Travel consult, physical exam (with form) within USA: $40; outside USA $60
- Work or college program physical (with form): $35
- Pap Test: $20 procedural fee (additional fees will be charged to insurance by the lab)
- Gynecological Exam: $10
- STI: $45 (gonorrhea and chlamydia urine test)
- Hemoglobin: $5
- Glucose Check: $5
- Urinalysis: $5
- Urine Pregnancy: $5
- Rapid Strep: $5
- Rapid Mono: $5
- Rapid Flu: $20
- Crutches: No fee unless not returned or returned damaged.
- Ear irrigation: $10
- Suture Removal: $5
- Dressing Change: $5
- Proventil Inhalation Treatment: $5/each
- Cold Care Kit: No Charge
- No charge for emergency contraceptives
- Medications $5-$20 (or prescription can be provided)
Immunization fees (All subject to market rate increase):
- Flu Shot: No Charge
- Tb Skin Test: $20
- Tetanus (Td): $65
- Tetanus (Tdap): $50
- Gardasil 9 (HPV): $240 x 3
- MMR: $85 x 2
- Hepatitis A: $80 x 2
- Hepatitis B: $80 x 3
- Meningitis (Menactra): $140
- Meningitis B (Bexero): $230 x 2
- JVax (Japanese Encephalitis): $330 x 2
- Rabies (Preventative/Travel): $335 x 3
- Typhoid oral: $80
- Typhoid Injection: $120
- Polio: $50
Where is Student Health Services located?
We are located in Dascomb at 140 W. College Street.
How do I make an appointment?
Call (440) 775-8180 to make an appointment or come to walk-in hours.
What form of payment can I use at Student Health Services?
Services/Fees can be paid with cash, check, credit, debit, Obie dollars, and Student Account charge.
Can I use my health insurance to pay?
We do not bill any insurance directly other than Academic Health Plans Insurance for the above listed services. A Walk Out statement will be provided for your submission to your insurance company. You will receive the negotiated contract price based on the terms of your policy.
Do I need to bring my health insurance card to every visit to SHS or other medical facilities?
Bring your health insurance card or mobile App to each SHS visit. This will also allow us to make a copy for your chart if needed. You will need your insurance card for lab and x-ray procedures, referrals, other office visits, walk-in clinic, urgent care, ER visits and to fill prescriptions at the local pharmacy.
Where can I go for health care needs after hours or when Student Health Services is closed?
If you have healthcare concerns or questions after hours, please call the 24 hour Nurse Line at (877) 924-7758 for advice.
If you have a transport need, call Campus Safety at (440) 775-8444 .
Mercy Allen Hospital can be reached at (440) 775-1211 .