All students, regardless of what health insurance they have, are welcome to utilize Student Health Services.
There is no copay for an appointment, but there may be a small charge for specialized services, lab tests, and medication.
You can pay using cash, check, credit or debit card, Obie Dollars and Student Charge. Bring your Oberlin College Photo ID with you.
- Treatment of illness
- Well visits, Physical exams, and Travel consults
- Immunizations/Flu shots
- STI testing
- Diagnostic tests including rapid strep, rapid mono, urinalysis, urine pregnancy tests, and hemoglobin are performed in the office for a $5 fee.
- Free Cold Care Kits. No need for an appointment, just ask for one!
- Free Emergency Contraception available by appointment with valid Student ID.
- Women’s Health including Birth Control Consultation and prescriptions, Pap Smear and Gyn exams by a Certified Nurse Midwife.
- Travel consult, physical exam (with form) within USA: $40; outside USA $60
- Work or college program physical (with form): $35
- Pap Test: $30 procedural fee (additional fees will be charged to insurance by the lab)
- STI: $40 (gonorrhea and chlamydia urine test)
- STI (Quest send out): $20
- Hemoglobin: $5
- Glucose Check: $5
- Urinalysis: $5
- Urine Pregnancy: $5
- Rapid Strep: $5
- Rapid Mono: $5
- Crutches: No fee unless not returned or returned damaged.
- Ear irrigation: $10
- Suture Removal: $5
- Dressing Change: $5
- Proventil Inhalation Treatment: $5/each
- Cold Care Kit: No Charge
- No charge for emergency contraceptives
- Medications $5-$20 (or prescription can be provided)
Immunization fees (All subject to market rate increase):
- Flu Shot: No Charge
- Tb Skin Test: $15
- Tetanus (Td): $40
- Tetanus (Tdap): $45
- Gardasil 9 (HPV): $200 x 3
- MMR: $75 x 2
- Hepatitis A: $80 x 2
- Hepatitis B: $75 x 3
- Meningitis (MCV4): $125
- Meningitis B (Bexero): $175 x 2
- JVax (Japanese Encephalitis): $300 x 2
- Rabies (Preventative/Travel): $300 x 3
- Typhoid oral: $65
- Typhoid Injection: $100
- Polio: $35
Where is Student Health Services located?
You will find our office a short walk from the center of campus in the Professional Services Building, 247 West Lorain St. Suite A.
How do I make an appointment?
Call (440) 775-8180 to make an appointment or come to walk-in hours.
What form of payment can I use at Student Health Services?
Services/Fees can be paid with cash, check, credit, debit, Obie dollars, and Student Account charge.
Can I use my health insurance to pay?
We do not bill any insurance directly other than Academic Health Plans Insurance for the above listed services. A Walk Out statement will be provided for your submission to your insurance company. You will receive the negotiated contract price based on the terms of your policy.
Do I need to bring my health insurance card to every visit to SHS or other medical facilities?
Bring your health insurance card or mobile App to each SHS visit. This will also allow us to make a copy for your chart if needed. You will need your insurance card for lab and x-ray procedures, referrals, other office visits, walk-in clinic, urgent care, ER visits and to fill prescriptions at the local pharmacy.
Where can I go for health care needs after hours or when Student Health Services is closed?
If you have healthcare concerns or questions after hours, please call the 24 hour Nurse Line at (877) 924-7758 for advice.
If you have a transport need, call Campus Safety at (440) 775-8444 .
Mercy Allen Hospital can be reached at (440) 775-1211 .
Mercy Health Ready Care
- Avon: 140 Center Rd., Suite B
- Lorain: 3600 Kolbe Rd., Suite 106
- Oberlin: 319 West Lorain St.
- Elyria: 1120 E. Broad St.
Walgreens Health Care Clinic
Now offering confidential HIV and STI testing and PrEP/PEP medications.
- Lorain: 5411 Leavitt Rd.
- Elyria: 100 Cleveland St.
- Mon-Fri: 8:30am-7pm
- Sat: 9am-4:30pm
- Sun: 9:30am-4pm
- Call 1(855) 925-4733 for additional information. Most insurances are accepted. You will pay the co-pay like an office visit and prescriptions can be filled wherever you prefer.
CVS Minute Clinic
- Lorain: 3288 Oberlin Ave., Lorain Plaza
- Mon-Fri: 9am-8pm
- Sat: 9am-5:30pm
- Sun: 10am-5:30pm
- Call 1(866) 389-2727 for appointment information.
Appointments and Same-Day Appointments
Lorain County Health & Dentistry
Mercy Health: Oberlin Primary Care and Oberlin Pediatrics
- Oberlin: 319 West Lorain St.
- Call (440) 775-1881 for availability.
Urgent Care Clinics
- Elyria: 1260 N. Abbe Rd.
- Mon-Sat: 9am-8pm
- Sun: 10am-6pm
- Call (440) 366-0455 . Located across the street from Lorain County Community College.
Firelands Physician Group Urgent Care
- Vermilion: 1605 State Route 60, Vineyard Square Plaza
- Mon-Fri: 9am-9pm
- Sat & Sun: 9am-3pm
- Call (440) 967-1128
Walk In Urgent Care
- Lorain: 4340 Leavitt Rd. (Rte. #58), Suite D
- Mon-Fri: 8am-8pm
- Sat & Sun: 10am-6pm
- Call (440) 444-0497 . Across from Walmart & Home Depot. No x-ray available.