Department of Human Resources

If You Live or Travel Outside the States

The Oberlin College Retiree Health Plan has in- and out-of-network benefits. If you live or travel outside the United States, the out-of-network benefits will apply.

You are advised to pay by credit card, if possible, convert the charges to USA dollars and save your receipts, ask for claim information to be translated into English, complete the claim form , and submit the claims to CIGNA within 180 days from the date of service.


  • The Prescription Drug Plan is in-network only and prescriptions have to be filled in the United States.
  • Generally, Medicare does not cover services received outside the United States.
  • Cigna generally only covers emergency services outside the United States.

    If you have any questions, call Human Resources at (440) 775-8430.