Oberlin offers two retirement plans with TIAA, both are 403(b), tax-advantaged plans
Defined Contribution Retirement Annuity (RA)
Supplemental Retirement Account Annuity (SRA)
Retirement Annuity (RA)
Oberlin will make pre-tax employer contributions after one-year of service and attaining age 26 into the RA plan. Contributions from Oberlin are automatic and do not depend on any employee contribution. Contributions from Oberlin are based on age.
Faculty / A&PS / UAW / Security / OCOPE
- Age 26-34 5%
- Age 35-44 8%
- Age 45-54 10% on the first $100,000 of salary; 8% on salary above $100,000
- Age 55 + 12% on the first $100,000 of salary; 8% on salary above $100,000
Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA)
Employees are eligible to participate in the SRA upon hire. Contributions are made on a pre-tax basis from one’s paycheck.
Enrollment is done online using the instructions linked here.
You can also contact Oberlin’s TIAA representative, Don Denault, at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in enrollment. See below on how to schedule an appointment.
For 2023, the annual IRS contribution limits for an individual are:
- Age 50 or less in 2023 $22,500
- Age 50 or more in 2023 $30,000
Don Denault, financial consultant from TIAA, is here to help with your retirement and financial needs, offer advice and answer questions. A mix of virtual and in-person appointments are available on the following dates:
- November 8, 2023 (In Person)
- November 14, 2023 (In Person)
- December 5, 2023 (In Person)
- December 13. 2023 (Zoom)
- February 7, 2024 (In Person)
- February 22, 2024 (In Person)
- March 7, 2024 (In Person)
- March 19, 2024 (In Person)
- April 17, 2024 (In Person)
- April 24, 2024 (In Person)
- May 15, 2024 (In Person)
- May 23, 2024 (In Person)
- June 11, 2024 (In Person)
- June 26, 2024 (In Person)
To schedule an appointment online go to: www.tiaa.org/schedulenow
Select the option for Your Employer click on schedule, then select Ohio, then Oberlin College. Available appointment times will populate.
Call to schedule an appointment (800) 732-8353 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday
Attend live webinars to help boost your financial know-how.
You can find webinar times and register for upcoming sessions at TIAA.org/webinars