For official and up to date information about fall semester, please visit our Important Dates page.
Early arrival desk, for departmental approved early arrival students, opens at 9 a.m. on August 15, 2019.
Personal early arrival begins August 24, 2019 for new students.
Personal early arrival begins August 29, 2019 for returning students.
To be approved to return early for personal (i.e. non-college sponsored) reasons, you must make a request in writing by filling out the online form
- Personal early arrivals must pay an additional fee for their meals. Meals eaten are charged individually on to the student's ID card and billed to their term bill.
- All college housing opens for new students only at 9 a.m. on Monday, August 26, 2019
- The first board meal for new students starts at lunch on Monday, August 26, 2019
- All college housing opens for returning students at 9 a.m. on Saturday, August 31, 2019
- The first board meal for returning students starts at lunch on Saturday, August 31, 2019
Information for All Students
- All college housing (including Village Housing) closes for winter shutdown on 9 a.m., Sunday, December 22, 2019. All students must vacate.
Students arriving between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. should check in at their assigned residence hall. You will receive your OCID (Oberlin College ID Card), room key, instructions on how to complete your Room Condition Report (RCR) online, and other orientation materials. You will also meet your RAs (Resident Assistant). If you are arriving after 12:30 p.m., please check in at the Office of Residential Education located in Stevenson Hall, Griswold Commons. Residence Hall and Dining Hall access is provided via the OCID.
Please check in at the locations designated below. Visit the Important Dates page for updated, dates and times. You will be provided with ID card access, instructions on how to complete your RCR (Room Condition Report) online, and room key.
From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, check-in will take place at the following locations:
- South Campus Residence Halls check in at South Hall Lobby (Johnson, Allencroft, Harvey, Kade, Price, Lord, Saunders, South, Fairchild, Baldwin, Talcott)
- North Campus Residence Halls check in at Science Center Atrium (North/Langston, Zechiel, Bailey, Noah, Burton, East, Barnard, Asia)
- Village Housing check in at Stevenson (Firelands, Union/Goldsmith, Houses, Apartments)
- Co-ops check in at Keep Lobby (Harkness, Old Barrows, Tank, Keep)
From 3-8 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, all check-ins will take place at the ResEd office in Stevenson.
After 8 p.m., please go to Campus Safety to access your space and then come to ResEd the following morning to check-in.
Please refer to our Services page for more information.