Share your expertise with a current Oberlin student and help them explore dynamic career opportunities in your field.
Winter Term micro-internships are project-based, quality learning experiences that offer Oberlin students realistic exposure to career fields that interest them. These experiences are short-term, 100-hour projects that take place every January. These projects offer students:
- A firsthand look at what it's really like to work in their career field of interest
- The opportunity to apply liberal arts skills in a real-world environment
- Experience to strengthen their future job and internship applications
The Center for Career Exploration and Development invites alumni, parents, and friends of the college to post micro-internship projects from all industries and professions to best represent the wide range of students’ career interests.
Winter Term 2024 will take place from Wednesday, January 3 through Tuesday, January 30.
Winter Term 2024 micro-internship postings will be accepted through Friday, October 6, 2023. There are two ways to post:
Submit the 2024 Winter Term Micro-Internship Posting Form with all the details we will need to post your opportunity to Handshake, our job and internship database.
If you’ve previously posted a Winter Term opportunity and would like to repost it with the same description, please send an email to email@example.com. We can pull descriptions from the past three years for you to review, if requested.
After you have submitted your internship posting(s), we will be in touch about next steps.
- Mid-August—Friday, October 6: Winter Term micro-internship postings submitted to Career Exploration and Developments
- Tuesday, September 12—Friday, November 3: Students apply to micro-internship postings
- Monday, September 18—Friday, November 10: Employers reach out to applicants directly to schedule and conduct phone or virtual interviews, to notify applicants of their status, and make offers
- Friday, November 3: All micro-internship postings close
- Friday, November 17: Student final deadline to secure a micro-internship and register their Winter Term project
- January 3–30, 2024: Winter Term
Fair Labor Standards for Internships
If you are offering an internship with a "for-profit" organization in the private sector, and have questions about how the Fair Labor Standards Act applies to interns, please download the U.S. Department of Labor's fact sheet: Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Additional information is available through the U.S. Department of Labor.