- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Oberlin’s visual art major is offered within the art department’s studio art division. Distinct from the studio art and art history majors, the visual art major offers the flexibility to pursue an interdisciplinary course of study. Students in this major might study art or architectural history within a particular social or historical context; urban or environmental studies; critical theory, museum studies; or art conservation. Creative arts projects related to the major might involve dance, theater arts, creative writing or computer music.
Why Study Visual Art at Oberlin?
Upcoming Visual Art Events
- ARTS 047 - Visual Concepts and Processes: Icon Painting 4 credits
- ARTS 058 - Visual Concepts and Processes: Color Theory 4 credits
- ARTH 223 - Politics and Protest: Modern Chinese Art 4 credits
- ARTH 311 - Art History without a License 4 credits
Visual Art Faculty
- Associate Professor of Integrated Media
- Professor of Studio Art and Africana Studies
- Professor of Studio Art and Photography
- Associate Professor of Studio Art, Reproducible Media
- Professor of Studio Art, Painting
- Professor of Studio Art, Installation, Sculpture, Book Arts