Department of Human Resources

Long Term Care


Long Term Care Insurance will cover you in the event that you have an extended disability and have temporarily or permanently lost the ability to perform two or more basic activities of daily living (e.g. showering, toileting, dressing, feeding yourself, etc.) It will provide money to use for expenses during this time and can be a protection against losing your home.

Employees may enroll during Open Enrollment with the submission of the enrollment form and the medical information form. All enrollments will, upon approval from Unum, have a January 1 effective date.

Oberlin College employee's brothers and sisters and their spouses, parents and grandparents, in-law parents and in-law grandparents are also eligible to enroll. However, anyone other than the employee must send their enrollment forms and medical questionnaires directly to UNUM.

Please see the following for more detailed information: Unum Plan Information