Piano 2023: Apply
The competition is open to young pianists ages 13 to 18 by July 30, 2023, and to those who have not won a top-three prize in previous Cooper competitions.
Prospective competitors must submit:
- An entrance fee of $130
- The completed application form, which includes
- proof of age - birth certificate, driver’s license, or passport
- a biography - 250 words maximum
- high-resolution photo picturing head and shoulders only - at least 1 MB or at least 1500 px wide by 2100 px high
- competition repertoire - See Competition Repertoire requirements
- YouTube links to video recordings of three works* selected from the repertoire categories below - provide these links in the space provided on the application form.
Repertoire for application:
1. The first movement of a sonata by Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven, or Schubert
2. A virtuoso etude by Chopin, Liszt, Debussy, or Rachmaninoff
3. Any work of the applicant’s choice
*Please note: Each work may be recorded separately, but must be unedited.
All application materials must be submitted by April 25, 2023.