The new Mobile ObieID Card is available to all enrolled students and current employees. Tap your iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android phone at readers across campus to conveniently access your ObieID.
Minimal set up is required to use your Mobile ObieID Card. Most users can begin using their Mobile ObieID Card on their phone in minutes.
Users may choose to use the new Mobile ObieID Card or a physical card. Proceeding with the Mobile ObieID Card setup steps below will deactivate your physical ID card.
Before You Begin
Before you begin setting up your Mobile ObieID Card, make sure you:
- Have a compatible iPhone, Apple Watch, or Android Phone
- Know your ObieID and password
- Know your iPhone, Android Phone, or Apple Watch passcode
- Know your App Store/Apple ID password or Google Play/Google Account password
- Have Apple Wallet or Google Pay set up on your device
Set-up for iPhone Users
- Download the Transact eAccounts Mobile app from the App Store to your phone.
- Open Transact eAccounts. Click through the startup screens and tap Get Started.
- Search or scroll for Oberlin College and click through to the ObieID login screen.
- Enter your ObieID to authenticate your device. Check the Remember me box below the username and password fields. Click Sign In.
- Once you have successfully authenticated in eAccounts, click Add to Apple Wallet to add your ObieID to Apple Wallet.
- Click iPhone.
- On the Add Card screen, click Next in the top right corner.
- On the Terms and Conditions screen, click Agree in the bottom right corner. When the process is complete, the app will send a notification to verify your Mobile ObieID Card has been added to Wallet.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner to return to the Home screen of the app.
Set-up for Apple Watch Users
You can add your Mobile ObieID Card to one iPhone and one Apple Watch. Follow the Set-up for iPhone Users instructions above to add your Apple Watch.
Set-up for Android Users
- Enable NFC on your phone in your Settings menu. NFC settings can be found in different areas of the Settings menu, depending on your device. A common location is Connected Devices>Connection Settings. (If not found there, use the Search option on the top right to double check.)
- Toggle the NFC setting to On.
- Open Google Pay and make sure it is enabled as the default payment application. If the app prompts you to add a credit card, you can bypass that screen and return to the Google Pay home screen.
- Download the Transact eAccounts Mobile app from the Google Play Store to your phone.
- Open Transact eAccounts, click through the startup screens and tap Get Started.
- Search for Oberlin College and click through to the ObieID login screen.
- Enter your ObieID to authenticate your device.
- Once you have successfully authenticated in eAccounts, click the Add to Google Pay button to add your ObieID to Google Pay.
- Continue through the prompts (Next, Accept the Oberlin College Terms & Conditions).
- Next, Accept the Google Pay Terms of Service.
- The next screen will confirm that the ID has been added to Google Pay.
Using Your Mobile ObieID Card
Where can I use my Mobile ObieID Card?
- Door Access
- PHiL Devices
- All Dining Hall locations
Using Mobile ObieID Card on iPhone
Your iPhone or Apple Watch must be turned on, but it does not have to be connected to a network. For iPhones 6S, iPhone 6S Plus and later, Express Mode allows you to use your ObieID without unlocking the device with a passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID. Just tap your device against the reader to recognize your ObieID. On iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR Express Mode with power reserve is available for up to five hours after the device’s battery needs to be charged.
To display your Mobile ObieID Card, open Apple Wallet and select your ObieID from your saved cards.
Using Your Mobile ObieID Card on Android
You do not need to unlock your phone, but the screen must be awake to use your ObieID. Tap the power button to wake the screen and tap your phone against the reader. Note, the antenna location may vary by device, although it is often in the middle of the phone. As a result, you may have to adjust the orientation of your phone against the reader to have your mobile credential recognized.
To display your ObieID, open the Transact eAccounts app and select the View in Google Pay icon
Frequently Asked Questions
The CIT Knowledge Base has tons of answers to questions we often get about Mobile ObieID. In the left-hand sidebar, click on the ID Card Office and then on Mobile ObieID to view all of the FAQs.
Open a Ticket
Open a ticket using the CIT Tech Support Portal.
For fastest service, select the ID Card Office Category and Mobile ObieID subcategory when submitting your ticket.