The president is the chief executive officer of the college and is responsible for its effective administration and operation. The president reports to the Board of Trustees, of which he or she is an ex officio member. The president’s senior staff, made up of deans, vice presidents, and special assistants, manage specific branches of the college, so that the president is able to focus on broader issues concerning the college.
The president serves ex officio as chair of the General Faculty and the General Faculty Council, and as a member of the divisional faculty councils. The staff of the president’s office includes the assistant to the president, who functions as the chief of staff; the assistant to the president for communications, who collaborates with the president on speeches, reports, and public communications; an administrative manager; and an executive secretary.
- Rachel Smith Silver — Interim Vice President for Development and Alumni Affairs
- Manuel Carballo — Vice President and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid
- David Kamitsuka — Acting Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Ben Jones ’96 — Vice President for Communications
- Ferdinand (Ferd) Protzman ’75 — Chief of Staff
- William Quillen — Acting Dean of Oberlin Conservatory
- Meredith Raimondo — Vice President and Dean of Students
- Rebecca Vazquez-Skillings — Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Donica Varner — Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary
- Natalie Winkelfoos — Delta Lodge Director of Athletics and Physical Education
- College of Arts and Sciences Admissions
- Conservatory Admissions
- Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
- Dean of the Conservatory
- Community and Government Relations
- Office of Communications
- Office of the Dean of Students
- Office of the Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Development and Alumni Affairs
President Ambar hosts office hours by appointment. To request a time during one of the available days and times, please complete the form at President’s Office Hours for Students.
Tuesday, February 19
2:30 to 5 p.m.
Monday, April 1
2:30 to 5 p.m.
Friday, April 19
9 to 11:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 16
1 to 3 p.m.