New Student Check-In
- New students should come to office of Residential Education located in Stevenson Hall-Griswold Commons for room keys, OCID (Oberlin College ID Card), and other information on the Thursday before classes begin. The hours for check-in are 9 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m. Residence Hall and Dining Hall access is provided via the OCID.
- If you are a new student and need to arrive before the Thursday orientation, you are able to move in that Wednesday.
- The early arrival location remains the office of Residential Education located in Stevenson Hall. Desk hours are 9 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m.
Students Returning From Leave
- Students returning from leave should come to the office of Residential Education located in Stevenson Hall-Griswold Commons to pick up their room keys and reactivate their ID card.
- Return from Leave Early Arrival Check-In is permitted the Thursday and Friday before Spring Semester classes begin. Students approved to return from leave early are responsible for their meals.
- The early arrival check-in hours on Thursday and Friday are 9 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m.
- Normal check-in for students returning from leave, no advance notice needed, will take place the Saturday and Sunday before spring classes begin.
- The check-in hours for both Saturday and Sunday are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The spring semester board meal plan begins on with breakfast Saturday morning.
Information for New Students and Students Returning from Leave
- Students who arrive to campus when the Office of Residential Education is closed, should notify the Office of Campus Safety and an officer will let them into the building and room. Please be ready to present a form of ID to the officer. Students should then check in officially at the office of Residential Education the following day, during normal business hours.
- Any student planning to arrive early, needs to complete the Spring Personal Early Arrival for New Students and Students Returning from Leave Form to request an early arrival.
Students who were on campus for fall semester and who are returning to campus at the end of winter term, may arrive to campus Saturday, February 1, 2020 or Sunday, February 2, 2020. They do not need to check-in at the office of ResEd, as their ID Cards will already be activated. Please contact the office if you have questions, are experiencing problems with access to the living space during winter term.
Any student who was on campus in the fall who needs to arrive to Oberlin before Saturday, February 1, for purposes of finishing their winter-term project or who is a student-athlete returning early per the request of their coach need to complete the Winter Term Housing Form .