The Junior Practicum program provides third-year students with a unique and engaging opportunity to gain the skills and confidence to successfully launch into a high-quality summer internship. Students who complete the Junior Practicum program, including the Summit and coursework, will receive up to $4,000 to pursue a summer experience.
By participating in the Junior Practicum, students will:
- articulate how their liberal arts education and academic course(s) of study contribute to their future career path;
- gain insider knowledge of a professional field of interest and have the opportunity to bridge academic study and real-world application;
- network with alumni, parents, and prospective employers from their career fields of interest;
- gain insight into workplace culture on topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion; self-efficacy; and performance management;
- develop professional skills related to interviewing, resume, and cover letter writing; and
- design a career management action plan to utilize in the future.
|December 15, 2021||Student Applications Due|
|February 25–27, 2022||Junior Practicum Summit|
|March 1–April 15, 2022||Weekly Junior Practicum Courses (LEAD credit)|
|April 24, 2022||Funding Request Forms Due|
|June 13–August 19*, 2022||Summer Internship|
*exact dates flexible based on individual assignments
If you are an alum or parent interested in sponsoring a internship, visit the Sponsor an Obie Intern page.