The Community Based Work-Study Program (CBWSP) offers students who have a Federal Work-Study award as part of their financial aid package opportunities to work with one of the Bonner Center’s community partner organizations. The program supports students in connecting their academic journeys with career exploration in nonprofit and public sectors.
If you would like to apply to work with one of the Bonner Center's CBWSP partner organizations, please take the following steps:
- Follow the links below to learn about sites that match your interests. Organizations that are actively hiring will have their CBWSP positions posted on their pages as "Needs." You may reach out to the site supervisors directly or respond to the Needs tagged "CBWSP" in the serve.oberlin.edu system.
- Complete the CBWSP application form which is required for their participation in the program.
New student hires who are being paid through Oberlin College for the first time must submit the following documents to the Student Employment Office before you may begin working:
For information or if you have questions, contact Tania Boster, CBWSP program director.
Information for Students and Employers
To review options on how to receive your pay and additional forms that will need to be completed, please visit the Office of Student Employment.
- America Counts
- America Reads
- Backspace at the Bridge/Oberlin Public Library
- Bill Long Foundation
- Bonner Center for Community-Engaged Learning, Teaching, and Research
- Coalition for Oberlin History
- FAVA (Firelands Association for the Visual Arts)
- Kendal at Oberlin
- MAD Factory (Music, Arts, Drama)
- New Agrarian Center at George Jones Farm
- Ninde Scholars Program
- Northern Ohio Youth Orchestra (NOYO)
- Oberlin Center for the Arts (OCA)
- Oberlin Choristers
- Oberlin College Writing Associates Program at Oberlin High School
- Oberlin Community Services (OCS)
- Oberlin Early Childhood Center (OECC)
- Oberlin Heritage Center
- Peace Community Church
- Western Reserve Land Conservancy, Oberlin Chapter