We are pleased to provide varied opportunities for alumni to stay engaged with and informed about one another and the college!
Connect with Fellow Alumni
If you're looking to be in touch with other Obies, the following resources may be helpful.
Fill out the following form with information regarding your request for contact. Your form will be received by the Office of Alumni Engagement and within one business day, in most instances, a staff member will contact the alum noted on the form to let them know you would like to be in touch, share your contact information (with your approval), and/or ask them to reach out to you directly to provide permission for the alumni office to share their contact information with you. You can also contact the office at (440) 775-8692 to begin this same process.
OberLink, Oberlin's career networking platform connects alumni and Oberlin students with one another in valuable and intentional ways (OberLink replaced Wisr on January 1, 2023). If the alum you are searching for is also a member of OberLink, you can look up their name and contact them directly through the platform. OberLink also provides an opportunity to talk about your career path, share advice, and become a resource for students and alumni alike. Oberlin alum-to-alum job postings will also become a feature of OberLink in the future. Click here to join OberLink.
LinkedIn is a powerful tool that can help you find the alum you wish to contact. There are close to 30,000 Oberlin alumni with LinkedIn profiles. To search for Oberlin Alumni:
- Type the name of the alum you are seeking in the search box.
- Click "People" to narrow your results.
- Click "All Filters" and scroll to find the "School" filter option. Select Oberlin College if it appears in the list; if not, select "+Add a school" and add Oberlin College.
- Click "Show results" to search for the alum you seek.
- Once you find the alum, you can reach out to them with a personalized invitation to connect; or, if you are already connected, you can message them directly.
- Pointer: Be sure to list Oberlin College in the education section of your profile to identify you as an alum, too.
Read about Alumni, Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Read the latest issue
- To submit a Class Note or a digital photograph (high resolution only, please) to the Oberlin Alumni Magazine, you can do so by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your name and class year. Notes and print photos can also be mailed to:
Oberlin Alumni Magazine
247 W Lorain St., Suite C
Oberlin, OH 44074
Around the Square is a monthly e-newsletter produced for alumni, emeriti, and friends of Oberlin College by the Alumni Association in cooperation with the Office of Communications. Around the Square reports on institutional developments; the achievements of faculty, staff, and students; town-gown news; and events and opportunities for alumni. Interested in receiving Around the Square in your inbox? Sign up online.
If you have any questions or feedback about this e-newsletter, send email to Around the Square .
The Office of Communications and Conservatory Communications produces news and feature stories for and about the Oberlin College community. Visit the news and events website to read about the accomplishments of faculty, staff, and students; events in the community; institutional initiatives; and more.