Class of 2022, Bachelor of Arts
Major: Biology, Minor: Africana Studies
Major Oberlin Activities:
- Peer Advising Leader (PAL): 2019-2022
- PAL Coordinator (2021-2022)
- Peer Mentor through the Center for Student Success (CSS): 2019-2022
- Varsity Track and Field Athlete (2018-2022)
- Men’s Track and Field Captain (2021-2022)
- Black Student Athlete Group (BSAG) Co-Chair (2020-2022)
- Member of Search Committee for Men’s Basketball Coach (2022)
- Student Senate Member
- Operations Manager (2019-2020)
- One Oberlin Student Senate Representative (2020)
- Member of Search Committee for New MRC Director (2022)
While I attended Oberlin College, my desire to be a changemaker like those before me stands out as a dominant force in how I chose to spend my time. When I think about what Oberlin has been and what the institution could be, I understand that groups like the Board of Trustees can only flourish and thrive with the trust of students and the feeling that they are being represented properly.
As a member of the Board of Trustees, I see my role as someone who will champion the voices and concerns of current students and recent alumni. As a former Black pre-med student-athlete who worked hard to represent the underrepresented, my addition will hopefully provide students with the reassurance, trust and comfort as related to expressing their views and needs to the Board of Trustees. I am positive that I would give Oberlin my all as Class Trustee!