Class Ambassador volunteers assist the Development Office with fundraising by building relationships with fellow alumni. There are nearly 300 class ambassadors for Oberlin College, and the Oberlin Annual Fund is in search of even more volunteers.
The benefits of volunteering as a class ambassador include:
- the opportunity to reconnect with classmates, including those you lost touch with long ago;
- helping Oberlin raise dollars needed on an annual basis to provide crucial scholarship and budget support;
- assisting the Alumni Office in keeping our alumni’s contact information up to date;
- helping to increase alumni participation, which is vital for Oberlin’s status in the national liberal arts rankings; and,
- the comforting feeling that you are truly making a difference in Oberlin’s present and future.
Being a class ambassador is fun, simple, and rewarding. We ask for no more than a few hours of your time each semester to reach out to alumni for support, and, to thank them for their generosity.