Off-Campus status is a privilege that is granted to a small group of upper-class students who have applied, and then selected/approved via the Off-Campus Lottery process.
Permission to live off campus is granted by a random lottery process and is not guaranteed upon application once eligibility requirements are met. Do not sign a lease prior to being granted off-campus status.
Eligibility for Off-Campus Lottery
- You must have six (6) or more semesters projected for the fall semester you wish to live off campus, or you qualify for an exemption
- Even if you already have off-campus status this year, you must re-register for the selection process, or you may lose your eligibility to be off campus
- You can apply online for the off-campus status for 2023-24 starting December 16, 2022.
- Your registration must be complete by Noon on February 10, 2023.
- Eligible students currently on academic leave may apply at this time.
Registering for Off-Campus Housing Lottery 2023-2024
- Students who want to be considered for off-campus housing status and have 6 or more projected semesters in residence by Fall 2023 and students who have exemptions will be the first to be approved for off-campus.
- Students who have 6 or more semesters in residence or have been approved for an off-campus exemption are not allowed to register with a group. If ResEd finds this has occurred, the individual will be removed from the group.
- Students who fail to enroll or complete the spring semester may lose their priority or eligibility for off-campus housing. An academic leave of absence counts as a semester; personal and medical leaves do not.
- Individuals not approved initially will remain on the waitlist until the ResEd Housing Lottery/Selection. These individuals must pick a room through the General Lottery process. After the Lottery /Selection, eligible students still wishing to be considered for off-campus status may add their names to the summer housing waitlist. This waitlist begins after general on-campus housing selection. If the college is able to extend any additional off-campus offers, then only students on the summer housing waitlist will be contacted.
Notification & Acceptance
Our office will notify students of acceptance during the last week of February 2023. Students will have two weeks to decide if they will accept for the following academic year.
Please note: Students must accept their offers for off-campus status. If a student does not actively accept their offer, Residential Education will note that they have not responded and will offer the off-campus spot to another student.
Off-campus status may change your financial aid package.