This list of journals, databases, and arts organizations will help you get started identifying opportunities and resources related to your musical interests.
Wisr is a platform designed to connect Oberlin students with Oberlin alumni in their field of interest who are eager to share advice and expertise.
Bridge: Worldwide Music Connection
Bridge is a massive database of opportunities including performance, teaching, and administrative jobs, competitions, music festivals, and more. Current Oberlin students have free access through Oberlin’s institutional account.
Handshake is the Oberlin College Career Development Center’s internal database for summer and winter-term internships, job listings, and other opportunities. Use your Oberlin ID to login.
Liberal Arts Career Network (LACN)
Includes internships, summer positions, and full-time job listings in some of the most popular liberal arts fields. LACN is a consortium of 39 top liberal arts colleges and universities.
Orchestral job postings:
Opera auditions and vocal competitions:
Church and sacred music job postings:
- Yale Institute of Sacred Music
- American Guild of Organists
- National Association of Pastoral Musicians
Cruise ship jobs:
Audio engineering and acoustics job listings:
Arts administration jobs and internships:
- College Music Society (membership required)
- Chronicle of Higher Education
Examples of discipline-specific job listings:
Vacancy and research listings at European higher education institutions:
- Jazz Education Network (JEN)
International arts and culture journals:
Examples of region-specific artist resources:
Services, programs, and technology solutions:
Professional development resources:
Legal resources for artists:
Tax resources and articles for artists:
- Freelance Tax and Finance
- 6 Tips for Preparing Documentation (Fractured Atlas)
- Musicians Guide to Reaching Organizational Nirvana in the New Year (New Music Box)
- Tax Issues for Musicians (Howland Tax Service)
Non-resident tax preparation for international students and scholars: