All eligible students received an email on March 22 with the link to the 2021 Summer Funding Application. The application must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 23, 2021.
The summer funding application form comprises multiple pages. It must be completed in one sitting, so please make sure you are prepared to answer all the questions before you start!
The required information and documents required include:
Information about the organization and experience
- Organization name, address, and website
- Contact information for your supervisor (if available)
Open-ended and essay response
- Short answer: Briefly summarize your career goals, in no more than 2 sentences. (You can get into more detail in the essays.)
- Statement of financial need (optional)
- Essay responses:
- Please share a brief overview of your career interests and goals in the future.
- Explain how this internship experience will enhance your career readiness and skills toward your future goals.
- What prior experience(s) motivated you to pursue this opportunity?
You will be asked to enter a total dollar amount, as well as upload supporting documentation (such as screenshots or PDFs) for the amounts being requested for specific expenses, which may include:
- Travel (travel to and from internship location: airfare, car, bus, etc.)
- Transportation (Metro or bus pass, other daily modes of transportation)
- Meals (Ranging from $65/week in lower-cost areas to $85/week in higher-cost areas)
- Housing (Using credible websites such as Airbnb, Renthop, or other rental websites)
- Utilities (Many summer sublet rentals are inclusive of utilities. Please use the rental website to anticipate these expenses)
- Other (Please explain)
Supporting documents and materials
All applications will require the following documents:
- Resume (must be in PDF format and follow this naming format: "LastName_FirstName_Resume.pdf")
- Itemized budget (must be an Excel file (not a Google Sheet) and follow this naming format: "LastName_FirstName_Budget.xlsx")
Conservatory or Dual Degree students only: If applying to summer music festivals or equivalent summer experiences:
- 1-2 supporting materials including audio or video files that highlight your work
- Email confirmation or registration receipt(s)
- Name of an Oberlin reference (primary studio instructor or other Oberlin faculty member)
Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered.