Career Exploration and Development
Non-Profit & Public Sector Careers
The following resources were compiled by Foundation List and provide a variety of job search databases related to non-profit and public sector careers.
- Foundation List – A job board specifically designed for listing opportunities within the nonprofit employment sector! It’s mission is to connect foundations, organizations, associations, and educational institutions to passionate mission-minded job seekers.
- Nonprofit Career Network – Created to fill the needs of the nonprofit sector.
- Idealist – Idealist is all about connecting idealists – people who want to do good – with opportunities for action and collaboration.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy - An independent news organization that has been serving leaders, fundraisers, grant makers, and others involved in the philanthropic enterprise for more than 25 years.
- Nonprofit Jobs – Connected to ExecSearches.com, offers a listing of national openings in the nonprofit sector.
- Green Dream Jobs – A world where human activities live in harmony with the earth’s carrying capacity.
- Work For Good – Work for Good’s mission is to help purpose-driven organizations and talented professionals connect, so together you can do the best work possible.
- NonProfitJobs.org – An online gathering place where not-for-profit employers and management personnel can meet one another.
- SocialService.com – Job site for social work, counseling, psychology, mental health, case management, EAP, volunteer management, substance abuse treatment, domestic violence, community development, youth development, child welfare, developmental disabilities and all other areas of social services.
- Social Work Career Center – Career website where social workers can search national job listings and find professional development and career resources that span across the duration of a social worker’s professional career.
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC) - Non-profit organization devoted to connecting professionals with careers at higher education and affiliated employers that have a shared mission to promote equity and inclusion, support dual-career couples and create a future shaped by diversity of thought and perspectives.
- Devex – A social enterprise, they connect and inform 700,000+ global development professionals through news, business intelligence, and funding & career opportunities.
- Council on Foundations – A nonprofit membership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations, with a mission is to promote responsible and effective philanthropy.
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN) - Activates emerging leaders by connecting them with resources, people, and ideas.
- Service Year - Service Year Alliance is an organization relentlessly pursuing a bold vision - making a year of paid, full-time service - a service year - a common expectation and opportunity for all young Americans.
- Foundation Center - The leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Through data, analysis, and training, it connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to succeed.
- The Bridgespan Group - Nonprofit advisor and resource for mission-driven organizations and philanthropists.
- National Council of Nonprofits - Trusted resource and advocate for America’s charitable nonprofits.
- The NonProfit Times - The leading publication for nonprofit management.