We celebrate your admission to Oberlin College! We are thrilled you will be joining us and look forward to helping you begin your academic career. Use this checklist to help prepare for your arrival.
Confirm Your Enrollment
To confirm your enrollment, complete the online Reply to Offer of Admission form and submit your matriculation deposit by May 1, or within two weeks of the date of your acceptance letter if you were admitted after April 15. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal at connect.oberlin.edu/status . The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. If you are enrolling in the Double Degree Program (BM/BA), only one $300 matriculation fee is required. (Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.)
If you will not be accepting our offer of admission, please let us know by completing the online Reply to Offer of Admission form.
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve told us the good news, it’s important to stay on top of a few things to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Maintain your current level of academic performance and course load as indicated in your application. Please contact the Office of Admissions should you contemplate changing your course load.
- Connect with classmates on social media. Engage with current Obies on Twitter using @ObieAdmissions.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission.
- New student registration forms: A variety of forms related to your enrollment will be available on your applicant portal starting in early April. You will be able to access these forms once your enrollment deposit has been received. Look out for the medical forms, which must be completed by your physician by June 15. You may want to schedule an appointment now.
- Activate your Oberlin user ID and preregister for classes. Starting in mid-May, the Office of the Registrar will send information to new students about ObieIDs, which are the usernames needed to set up Oberlin email accounts. Students confirming their enrollment after May 1 will receive this information within two weeks of their deposit date. Registration for certain courses will also become available at this time. You’ll finalize your schedule during student orientation in August.
- Submit official ACT/SAT scores by June 1 if you asked for scores to be considered and included self-reported test scores only as part of your admissions application.
- Request your final transcript. If you are currently enrolled in another college, we’ll need a copy of your final transcript on file before you start classes at Oberlin. We recommend you request your transcript by June 30. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you. You will not be permitted to complete course registration until we have received your final transcript.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1 through your applicant portal . For more information about housing options, visit www.oberlin.edu/housing/new-students. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Make payment arrangements. The Office of Student Accounts will mail your fall semester bill covering tuition, fees, housing, and dining. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit www.oberlin.edu/student-accounts.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Our orientation for transfer students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration.
- Dates will be announced closer to the start of the semester.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.