Welcome to our new Class of 2025 and transfer Obies!
Our plan is to welcome you and family members to campus in person for the Fall ’21 semester. We will of course be informed by public health guidelines as the health and safety of our community is the highest priority.
You can plan to begin your Oberlin transition during the summer as our Orientation Program will include a range of remote activities before the fall semester even starts. Our goal is to provide essential information and connect you with members of our community who will help you make a successful academic and social transition.
Move-In and New Student Orientation Snapshot
Monday, September 27
For F-1 international students. Dual citizens, permanent residents, US citizens living abroad, and other non-F-1 visa holders that wish to attend international student orientation should contact Josh Whitson at email@example.com.
Tuesday, September 28
Conservatory/double-degree students and pre-identified cohort program participants and parents to complete essential program-specific requirements.
Wednesday, September 29
Arts and Sciences students and parents
Thursday, September 30
Friday, October 1
Saturday, October 2 and Sunday, October 3
Monday, October 4
Our Goals for You during Orientation
- Introducing you to your PAL (Peer Advising Leader) and other new students
- Familiarizing you with essential and helpful policies and resources
- Learning what the residential experience at Oberlin College means
- Connecting with your academic advisor and putting together your class schedule
- Engaging with the wonderful resources of our vibrant campus life including a vast range of musical events, student organization activities, and more
- Learning more about the communities and partners that surround Oberlin College
We will continue to be in touch with you with updates and other information. In the meantime, if you have a question, don’t hesitate to contact Tina Zwegat, Director of Orientation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-775-8167.