You have a lot to do before the start of the fall semester, but don’t worry—we’re here to help!
To secure your place in the incoming class, complete the online Reply to Offer of Admission form and submit your matriculation deposit by May 1. Forms and payments must be submitted through your applicant portal. The $300 matriculation fee is refundable upon graduation from Oberlin. If you are enrolling in the Double Degree Program (BM/BA), only one $300 matriculation fee is required. Please note that under no circumstances will the deposit be refunded if you do not follow through with your enrollment.
If you will not be accepting our offer of admission, please let us know by completing the online Reply to Offer of Admission form .
Timeline: Acceptance through Orientation
Once you’ve confirmed your enrollment, follow the timeline below to make sure your Oberlin experience gets off to a great start.
- Receive your teacher, class, and ensemble placements. Over the course of the summer, the conservatory dean’s office will send you information regarding private teacher assignment, music theory/aural skills and piano class placement, and ensemble and secondary study auditions. For details and updates, visit www.oberlin.edu/condean.
- Inform us of any disciplinary action or unlawful conduct. You must contact the Office of Admissions if you are placed on probation, suspended, dismissed from school, or if criminal charges are brought against you. Failure to do so may lead to the revocation of our offer of admission. Applicant Misconduct Policy
- Connect with classmates on social media. Join fellow admitted students in the Oberlin Conservatory 2025 Facebook group. You can also engage with current Obies via @oberlinconadmissions on Instagram.
- Complete new student registration forms. Most new student registrations forms will become available by the end of March. They will be accessible online after we have received your matriculation deposit and generated your Oberlin email account.
- Attend All Roads Lead to Oberlin. Admitted students and their families are invited to our special virtual visit program, All Roads Lead to Oberlin. See the Conservatory Virtual Experience page to tune in to exciting webinars related to the conservatory and Oberlin as a whole.
- Activate your Oberlin user ID and preregister for classes. In mid-May, the Office of the Registrar will send you information about your ObieID, which is the username you'll need to set up your Oberlin email account. Please do not lose this information. Registration for certain courses will also become available at this time. You’ll finalize your schedule during student orientation in August.
Submit official ACT/SAT scores. Send in any your official test scores by June 1 if you asked for scores to be considered and included self-reported test scores only as part of your admissions application.
- Select housing and meal plans. Registration for campus housing and dining opens June 1. For more information about housing options, visit our Office of Residential Education Housing – New Students page. Housing assignments are generally finalized by the end of July.
- Request your final high school transcript. We’ll need a copy of your final high school transcript on file before you can start classes at Oberlin. Ask your school counselor to send us your transcript by July 1. Our offer of admission is contingent upon maintaining your current level of academic performance and the high level of personal conduct that were the basis of our decision to accept you.
- Make payment arrangements. Students and those listed as a proxy will receive a notification from the Office of Student Accounts once your electronic statement is available. For more information about payment plans and other details, visit the Office of Student Accounts page.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Our week-long Orientation for first-year students will introduce you to the wide range of resources available at Oberlin. You’ll also complete your course registration.
Dates will be announced closer to the start of the semester, including pre-orientation details for international students, and those in specific instrument areas.
Please note: Due to the implications of COVID-19, all New Student Orientation program dates and details are subject to change. Please refer to Oberlin's Coronavirus Updates page for the most up-to-date information regarding our ongoing response to COVID-19.